Votes: 27 24.5%
  • Both, depends on where I'm riding

Votes: 21 19.1%
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Advanced Slacker
15,402 Posts
bank5 said:
I'm wondering what people use. I made the switch to clipless about a month after I started riding and was real happy I made the switch.
Do a search. There are so many threads on this you will never finish reading them all.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Flats

I've been debating the switch to clipless for a while. However, after going over the handlebars on the trail the other day (and landing quite gracefully), I think I'll stick to flats. I use Tioga Surefoot MX Pro with Vans and they stick pretty well (even in wet situations). I also wear shinguards. I'm having fun so I must be doing something right.

·
don't thread on me
429 Posts
Clipless Platforms

Shimano M647s. Clipless with a big fat platform. Great with SPD shoes, clipped in or out, and still comfy with tennis shoes as well.

Technology Machine World Grey Silver

·
Registered
413 Posts
+ 1 for the above post.

I switched to clipless pedals about 10 yrs ago and have never gon eback to flats. clipless pedals on the trail bike, the commuter, and on the trainer.

·
Advanced Slacker
15,402 Posts
slo65 said:
flats for riding to work, clipless anytime i'm on a trail
Yeah, I have flats for commuting (3 miles each way) and bar-hopping. Clipless for any trails or real road riding.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.