Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have been leaning towards getting a dirt jumper for a little while now. I will probably get it sometime before or during next season depending on when I get the money put together. Just today at the LBS, with no intentions I picked up the Jamis catalog and ran into the Komodo. I really like the build on the 3.0 and it is an amazing price, much better than what you could get for a build like that from Specialized, Cannondale, or Santa Cruz. I need something to replace my 2003 SpecialED Hardrock Pro that I bought in April of '05 because I have done a bunch of DJ, Urban, light FR, and loads of single track on it and it has taken an extensive amount of a beating. I wouldn't be suprised to see it fail on me this summer because I will probably put in close to 1,000 miles from June 21 - September 7 (School Summer Vacation) I already have 650 since late March 2006 and have been only riding for about 3 hours a day after school and on the weekends. So, back to the Komodo. I would love to get my hands on the 3.0, but Im not sure If I will stick with paying that much for a stiffy and part for the 2.0. I'm curious to those of you who are owners or have rode the bike before, what do you think of it? Also, if you have rode the Komodo and the Cannonadle Chase, Spec' P. Series, or the Santa Cruz Jackal please give me a little comparison. Im getting a Prophet 4000 this December as a freebie from one of my connections but I would like to keep a hardtail for DJ and urban.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.