Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well... I think it is time for a new bike. My current one is nearing the end of its life, and I was wondering what you guys thought of the Oryx T-Line series (125 Disk and 250 Disk, specifically). Are these bikes worthwhile? I can get a pretty good deal on them ($200 off MSRP).

What other bikes should I consider in this price range ($800 - $1100 Canadian)?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,844 Posts
AgentHubcap said:
Well... I think it is time for a new bike. My current one is nearing the end of its life, and I was wondering what you guys thought of the Oryx T-Line series (125 Disk and 250 Disk, specifically). Are these bikes worthwhile? I can get a pretty good deal on them ($200 off MSRP).

What other bikes should I consider in this price range ($800 - $1100 Canadian)?
Norco, Kona and Devinci all have decent bikes in that price range too. Depends on what's available in your local shops I guess.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
fsrxc said:
Norco, Kona and Devinci all have decent bikes in that price range too. Depends on what's available in your local shops I guess.
Any specific models? I'm just getting an idea of what is out there right now, but plan on buying something within a couple of weeks.
 

·
President, CEO of Earth
Joined
·
1,001 Posts
precar said:
Both Oryx and Rocky Mountain (as well as Balfa) are brands of the same company, Procycle (http://www.procycle.com). No personal experience with any of them though.
Procycle owns them, but Rocky Mtn existed separately for years before procycle bought them. The quality that Rcky Mtn has been known for should not be used as an indication of quality of Oryx. Oryx was a brand that Procycle had for a long time and most of them came with DBS (direct brazing system) welds done in quebec by robots - not as strong or good looking as TIG.

Now (possibly all) Oryx frames are all made oveseas. "Handcrafted in Canada" means assembled in Canada. Same as most of Rocky Mtn, Devinci, Kona, Specialized, Trek, ALL of norco. These frames are all made by the same people, and the quality of just about every major bike brand is pretty much equal.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
TobyNobody said:
Procycle owns them, but Rocky Mtn existed separately for years before procycle bought them. The quality that Rcky Mtn has been known for should not be used as an indication of quality of Oryx. Oryx was a brand that Procycle had for a long time and most of them came with DBS (direct brazing system) welds done in quebec by robots - not as strong or good looking as TIG.

Now (possibly all) Oryx frames are all made oveseas. "Handcrafted in Canada" means assembled in Canada. Same as most of Rocky Mtn, Devinci, Kona, Specialized, Trek, ALL of norco. These frames are all made by the same people, and the quality of just about every major bike brand is pretty much equal.
That's the answer I was looking for. Thanks! :)
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top