Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It could have been discussed before, but now the real information is out, what do you think of Fox DHX Air 5.0 for MKIII?

I got my current 5th Air setup nice to regularly riding around, but the right level of air is not enough air for jupming off some stuff. It would bottom out and damge the hardware. Not blaming to Iron Horse because MKIII is not made for that purpose, but I like the looks and the right weight of the frame. In order to have some resistance for bottoming out, I mentioned Manitou Swinger Air 4-way here but everybody said that its SPV would be too much for MKIII. With the new DHX Air 5.0, separate bottoming control and propedal control with wider range are equipped, so do you think it could be used with MKIII without doing any special tunning like Push?

Have to worry about if it fits physically, too.

·
Just another FOCer
1,371 Posts
Hopefully Fox does a better job in 2007 with the DHX Air.

A friend of mine has blown two on his Moment and has since gone back to using a Romic.

Another riding buddy has also blown two on his Nomad and will probably switch to a DHX coil or Roco RC.

I've had one get "stuck down" on a demo Enduro.

"The horror, the horror." :madman:

I don't think Push is planning on doing work on the DHX Air for the general public. I did see a Pushed DHX Air on a former pro's 5 Spot. (Best to call and ask them directly.)

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Man, you folks' opinions are the same as the ones in the review here, 06 DHX Air is really having problems. Thank you for your real world experiences. Hope 07 gets better.
The Zoke air rearshox look really slick, I like the design but does it have the adjustment for bottoming resistance?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.