Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Trek Fuel EX 7
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know you guys are all about the LBS, and I use them for parts and tune ups. But I just recently had to get a new bike my old Trek Y3 that I bought from a friend was really small. So against even my better judgment, this bike caught my eye at Sports Authority.

Here are some of the specs:
- K2 saddle.
- Rock Shox J1 fork ("Powered by SRAM" on fork), 100mm/4" travel.
- ALEXRIMS 1019.
- Tektro IO front and rear mech disk brakes (all Tektro brake components).
- SRAM SX4 rrear derailleur and selectors/shifters.
- Shimano (that's all it says) front derailleur, FD-MC21 imprint on back of it. Clamped around the frame, not secured into the frame with a pin or screw, or anything.
- FD ToughShock fear suspension shock.
- ToughShock 700 rear suspension coil spring.
- Truvative Isoflow pedal arms.
- El Cheapo random brand plastic pedals.
- Sticker on frame: "Reflex Mountain, 7005 Aluminum Alloy Frame".
- Quick Release both front and rear wheels.
- Bottom of frame imprints: 1: BI-1410 2: A?45-4.
- Shimano Narrow chain

I know it is a cheaper bike, but can upgrade as it breaks. (I really hope the shifters break really soon) I just want to see what you guys think. Keep in mind I already bought it so LBS comments are useless waste of cyberspace.

·
Trek Fuel EX 7
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Yes I do know it is a SMU for SA, and is just the K2 attack 1.0.
And as far as the SA bike shop workers go. One of our best LBS went out of business last year when SA announced they were coming to town. So most of the workers that were at the LBS now work at SA. So for the most part they know what they are doing.

·
Trek Fuel EX 7
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes that is where I got the pics. I didn't want tot go get pics of my own, this was easier. Nobody in that post really said much about the bike, they kinda went nuts about talking about SA discounts and who got it cheaper.

·
Registered
6,787 Posts
Uh, well, ok.

The bike has entry level components. I googled that part information on the front derailleur and it's Alivio. The J1 fork is ok, but it's heavy. For rear suspension you'd really want an air/oil shock, not a coil.

Depending on how much you paid, you did good or could have done better. So how good was your discount?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.