Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
For The Win
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, this is fairly self explanatory, I'm in the market for a new fork, my drop off triple is really pissing me off more and more. I found the ATA WC and thought it was perfect, UNTIL I saw the review of the RC3, which got me worried about marzocchi.. What do you guys think I should do? I like double crown's, since I don't do X-ups or anything on this bike.. (that's what the BMX is for) I'm open too all your advice, experiences with a particular model or whatever:thumbsup:

·
Thunder Chunky
1,752 Posts
albertomannil said:
marzocchi 08... poop
wow great info...

Anyways i havent had any problems with my 08 marzocchi, I know some people who have had some problems with theirs but they have sent them back to marzochhi to be fixed and havent had a problem since then. I also know people like me who arent to nice to them and beat the crap out of them and still havent had a problem yet. My guess would be that 3/4 of the 08 stuff is top marzocchi quality like it was in previous years and 1/4 (maybe less idk this is a complete guesstimate) is defective and needs to be sent back to be fixed.:madman: Also my fork feels amazing I love it, havent heard anything bad about how any of their forks feel just that there are some defective ones out there...

·
Registered
122 Posts
ive had great luck with my 08 66:thumbsup: :thumbsup: ......buy the fork new from a bike shop or any place new with a warranty and you should be fine.....I think a lot of the "poop" issues is just ur average internet BS:madman: :madman: :confused:

·
StraightOuttaCompton
3,145 Posts
blackprophet,
that is possible, but reading that new marz forum, i dont know how consistent the quality of marz really is anymore.

·
Thunder Chunky
1,752 Posts
Djponee said:
blackprophet,
that is possible, but reading that new marz forum, i dont know how consistent the quality of marz really is anymore.
meh mine works with zero problems so far so I dont really give a damn what other people are saying :thumbsup:

·
Registered
122 Posts
Djponee said:
thats true, just i am a little skeptical of buying one now hearing all that.
most of that is just over hyped bs.....someone will know a guy who knows a guy that broke his marz. after dropping off a 20ft clif and they all post about it on the marz. forum cyring ab it

·
Registered
176 Posts
I have an '08 66 RC3 purchased and ridden since mid-May. No problems at all - great performance. It's some times hard to tell whether problems reported on the internet are representative of the majority experience.

I asked the shop where I bought the fork (major internet retailer) about the reliability of the 66 versus the Totem, as I was still trying to make up my mind. They said they sell more 66's than Totems, and haven't had problems with either fork.

·
Thunder Chunky
1,752 Posts
blackprophet19 said:
well we have 3 marz. so far that work great....maybe its just a fluke that ours work fine but all the other marz. blow:eek:
maybe people on here actually know how to ride and not break them :skep: .....

What am I saying that cant be true :madman: lol

·
Equal opportunity meanie
2,781 Posts
Funny. I sold my 2007 888 ATA to get the 2008 888 ATA and the thing has been nothing short of a friggin' dream. Take care of your equipment and take the time to set it up and dress it right and you'll be fine.

·
Registered
145 Posts
my ata wc will be here tomorrow, I would say as long as you buy it new with a warranty I wouldn't worry about it. The only fork that I have ever really ridden for an extended period of time and had issues with was a manitou triple ti, and it really never felt too great from the get go.

·
Registered
122 Posts
feanaro said:
2007 and previous years. . . . . . built in Italy and works great!!!!! 2008. . . . . . built in Taiwan and are CRAP!!!!!!!
what makes them crap???? do u own a pos 08??? or do u know a guy who knows a guy who read a review on mtbr ab a marz. breaking????

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP 888 is CRAP CRAP CRAP.

After reading the multiple bad reviews on the new 888's i am no longer considering one. I was going to look into getting a 888 WC but not anymore.

So far this summer I have seen 2 of my riding buddies have their weekends of riding ruined due to the 888 ATA WC blowing/leaking an internal air seal resulting in the fork getting stuck down. I am not a fan of any air forks so I was considering the WC with the Ti spring until I saw one of those fail last Sunday after 2 weeks of use.

Marzocchi :nono:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.