Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im thinking of specing my whole bike out with the slx group set! and i want to know if any of you guys have used any of these parts. and what do you think about them?

SLX Crankset FC-M660 44/32/
SLX shifters SL-M660
SLX Top Normal Rear Derailleur RD-M662-GS Shadow RD
SLX Top-Swing (Low clamp) Front Derailleur FD-M660
SLX Cassette CS-HG80 9-speed (11-32T or 11-34T)
SLX Hydraulic Disc brake set BR-M665/BL-M665, complete set

·
Wrench-O-Phile
262 Posts
I just got basically everything you listed except the cassette. I upgraded that to XT for weight savings. I ended up with XTR rotors and an XT wheelset for various reasons as well (mostly availability)

I am building a Salsa HT... so hardly AM, but I can give you my impressions of the performance after I build up and ride the bike this weekend if you like. :thumbsup:

·
Underweight Rider
439 Posts
The Saint group uses SLX cassette and chain and i chosed the cassette over the sram 980. I have almost everything listed cept X9 shifter/X9 mid cage RD. The FD shifts flawlessly and the brakes have proven troublefree. Great bang-for-bucks groupset.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I only have the 3 ring crankset but so far it has been flawless. Easy to fit and has been smooth for a few months, not to mention it looks great. The rest of the kit is supposed to be great as well from the reports I've read here in the UK.

g

·
Shred all that can be
800 Posts
Yeah I got EVERYTHING on the list except the brakes, they're on the way. But everything seems solid, I went with SLX instead of X9 b/c I heard bad reviews on the rear derailure and wasn't about to have just the Derailure be Sram and the rest Shimano. I'ts an OCD thing.

·
1,113 Posts
Good bargain. I using the slx cranks and there stiff and strong.

Front der also works great. Better performance than the sram X9 was previously using. (I am using slx front der with saint shifter)

I too like to upgrade the casette to xt. Good weight savings for the cost.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.