Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
mbtr member
6,503 Posts
That's a pretty basic question that would be best served by a search, and you should find someone's online suspension setup guide.

rebound adjusts how fast the fork returns to its uncompressed state after being compressed.

That fork lets the user control how fast the fork rebounds..

·
Steve
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
scottzg said:
That's a pretty basic question that would be best served by a search, and you should find someone's online suspension setup guide.

rebound adjusts how fast the fork returns to its uncompressed state after being compressed.

That fork lets the user control how fast the fork rebounds..
Woahhh that's pretty damn fancy.

Thanks =)

·
Steve
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Jerk_Chicken said:
Just offers rebound adjust, meaning you can control the speed at which the fork rebounds after taking a bump or a hit.
how are they adjusted?

can you do it by hand or does it require a tool? Because that will be REALLY handy when freeriding and need different fork response on different obstacles.

but having to carry a tool around will not be so convenient.

I'm tossing up between the Manik and Rampage

The Rampage has an adjustable 120-160mm fork meaning it will be good being able to change the size for jumping,l freeriding and downhilling.

but the Manik has the rebound

hmmmmm

·
mbtr member
6,503 Posts
the fork is much more sophisticated on the rampage. You can adjust compression (brake dive/pedaling platform), i believe the tst damper is more plush (right?), and change the spring rate more easily because of the air spring, in addition to rebound control. More settings can mean more ways to set the fork up wrong, and not everyone likes air springs, but its certainly more tuneable, and you don't need a special tool.

The brakes are noticably more powerful, the drivetrain is a notch up, and the wheels are a bit better on the rampage. They're both good bikes though.

·
Banned
16,457 Posts
steve695 said:
how are they adjusted?

can you do it by hand or does it require a tool? Because that will be REALLY handy when freeriding and need different fork response on different obstacles.

but having to carry a tool around will not be so convenient.

I'm tossing up between the Manik and Rampage

The Rampage has an adjustable 120-160mm fork meaning it will be good being able to change the size for jumping,l freeriding and downhilling.

but the Manik has the rebound

hmmmmm
What is your definition of Freeriding and Downhilling, in the context of your own riding?

·
Steve
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Jerk_Chicken said:
What is your definition of Freeriding and Downhilling, in the context of your own riding?
drops, setting up custom gaps, general gaps, rock pools etc.

if you need more detail:
I don't drop anything higher than 7 foot
I dont do any gaps further than 25 foot
And I doubt I will hit anything bigger for quite a while.

·
Steve
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
scottzg said:
the fork is much more sophisticated on the rampage. You can adjust compression (brake dive/pedaling platform), i believe the tst damper is more plush (right?), and change the spring rate more easily because of the air spring, in addition to rebound control. More settings can mean more ways to set the fork up wrong, and not everyone likes air springs, but its certainly more tuneable, and you don't need a special tool.

The brakes are noticably more powerful, the drivetrain is a notch up, and the wheels are a bit better on the rampage. They're both good bikes though.
going off topic, but do you own an 07 or 08 Rampage in a small frame size by any chance?

If so, when you turn with your cranks out straight do your toes hit the wheel or is there plenty of clearance?

Because I want to get my 08 Norco in a size small but I'm worried that my feet will hit

(the geo on the 07 and 08 norcos are the same so if you have either year model the answer will be legit)

·
mbtr member
6,503 Posts
nope, actually i've never seen a norco in person, i just glanced at the specs on both.

I would ride an XL anyway.

·
Steve
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
scottzg said:
nope, actually i've never seen a norco in person, i just glanced at the specs on both.

I would ride an XL anyway.
Oh okay then.

I doubt you would, not if you wanted to go Downhill or Jump. I have an XL 07 Rival because the LBS didn't ask me what frame size I wanted when I ordered it and thats what I got, but oh well, I don't ride that bike anymore as I have a 2004 Medium Sasquatch.

But it's a pain in the @$$ trying to jump or anything on the rival, the seat always hits me where the sun dont shine abd iti sn't very pleasent.

I wouldn't go any bigger than a Medium Norco.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.