Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I keep looking for bike stand reviews but can't find any.

This is for inside my house, I don't want to lean it against anything!

Also, my girlfriend thinks she needs a kickstand for her brand new Rockhopper, should I just laugh at her or get her one?

What's a good bike stand? Can I order online?

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
Lee said:
I keep looking for bike stand reviews but can't find any.

This is for inside my house, I don't want to lean it against anything!

Also, my girlfriend thinks she needs a kickstand for her brand new Rockhopper, should I just laugh at her or get her one?

What's a good bike stand? Can I order online?
performance quickstand

http://www.performancebike.com/shop/profile.cfm?SKU=2391

·
\|/ What 60 looks like
105 Posts
I've got three of these in my garage. They do however require finding a stud in the wall to screw them into. I got mine at a hardware store for ~$10 each.

·
Slowest Rider
5,237 Posts
Like Impy, I also use the RK-B RAKK that I got from my LBS for under $30. I find tires much over 2.3" wide stick hard into the too narrow slot of this version. But you can put your foot on the stand and pull it out.

I also found a nice stand at CostCo one day that holds two bikes for only $15 or $20. It was shiny metal plated and looks like one of those public bike rack things with big wide hoops at 45 degrees. You can put small bikes into the opposite side. It works great on my wife and kid's bikes.

On one bike, I also use a crank arm holder that I got free from the LBS when buying my Fuel. (He gave it to me out of desperation to keep me from installing a kick stand on the FS bike as I'd requested. :eek: )

Ask around your various LBS for cheap options. They tend to have good cheap bike stands around for compact storage and display, the same reasons you need them.

I need stands for my family's 10 or so bikes (4 or 5 are mine) that take up half the garage and get used a lot. I find a stand holds the bike upright so more fit in a tighter area, and they're easier to get in and out without knocking over all of them on kick stands. (Of course MTBs usually don't have kick stands anyway.) None of these stands needed handlebar holders as the front wheel holds itself straight by friction. Since the bike his held upright by the rear wheel, there's nothing to cause the front wheel to turn anyway.

·
Old man on a bike
12,395 Posts

·
Don't touch me!
854 Posts
If a good bit of cash is burning a hole in your wallet, may I suggest Ultimate's Velo Cache? I got one and it is awesome. Looks killer and can adjust to fit almost any type of frame. A real conversation piece for the home. Its almost like an extension of my bike: I wouldn't dare keep it in the garage (if I had one) or in a non-temperature regulated environment. Its that nice... but I digress.

And if you get your lady a kickstand, be sure to pick up some streamers for her too. Haha, j/k

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.