Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
40 oz to freedom
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I was going through my basement today and found this bike a Nishiki Rally road bike. My dad won it somehow and only rode it a few times way back in the day. Its doesnt have any rust on it at all. According to him it has all original parts in it and the only thing wrong with it is the rims are pretty out of true. Is this bike worth anything? Should I even bother to sell this or should I take the frame and make it into a fixie or something? Oh also does anyone know the year for this bike?

Pics:

·
Registered
5,985 Posts
If it fits you, make it into a fixie.

It looks like a 1980's frame - not sure of the year. The drop outs look like stamped steel, and with the stem mounted shifters, suicide brake levers, and shraeder valves on the tubes, I'd guess that it's a fairly low end bike.

It would make a great commuter, or decent fixie, but does not have a whole lot of value.

·
40 oz to freedom
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok thanks, I had absolutely no idea what I had if it was worth something or not. I know nothing about the VRC part of bikes. So basically its not worth anything?

·
Hybrid Leftys aren't real
16,285 Posts
Rumpfy said:
Its also a road bike, so I'd say its worth -$40 bucks.

And things were going along so smoothly for the poor guy too. :rolleyes: :D

Yep, cheap, basic transportation. Steel rims make for tepid braking, exacerbated by the suicidal "safety" levers. I too say make her a SS and rock out. And yeah, about $100, since it's in really fine shape, I'd get that for it at the shop any day of the week. Lot's of college bound kids need these, why? Cause no-one steals 'em. Put this, next to a dual suspension Huffy, the Huffy will get nabbed first, every time:eekster:

·
Registered
936 Posts
I think you should make it into a mountain bike. That would make your post appropriate for this forum. :)

·
local trails rider
12,300 Posts
Vinny A said:
only thing wrong with it is the rims are pretty out of true. Is this bike worth anything? Should I even bother to sell this or should I take the frame and make it into a fixie or something? Oh also does anyone know the year for this bike?
Get the wheels trued and ride it, unless you need something red to decorate the living room :D

My father in law used to ride bikes like that on trails where some people nowadays feel they need a FS bike...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts