Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Portland, OR
3,112 Posts
well, your question is kinda blank and a little hard to awncer, but I ride a Specialized P.2, it does very well on the trail and it rocks dirtjumps just fine. but a DJ bike isnt going to be very good at trail if thats what you wanted. because your frame will probably be 14-16 inches, whare as for trail something more like 17-19 inches would be more suitable. but like Ryan said, the 05 P.2 for 600 bucks is a very good deal, also you could try building something up. I know the haro escape frames were amazing, and tended to be a little bigger so trail and freeride wouldent be a problem.

whats your budget ?

·
Portland, OR
3,112 Posts
thestevej333 said:
The escape frames are a decent middle ground but tend to feel a little awkward in the air, if you are looking for something primarily for dj i would shy away from the escape.
its because they're bigger frames.this guy wants to trailride too, he's gonna need a little bit bigger frame.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'n looking for a dj but I live by ucsc and i go to the jumps there but i have to ride on trail to get to them so would any dj be good on trails.

·
Portland, OR
3,112 Posts
Mr.free-rider said:
I'n looking for a dj but I live by ucsc and i go to the jumps there but i have to ride on trail to get to them so would any dj be good on trails.
I just did a 10 mile trail ride on my DJ bike today, did just fine. it was actually more an all around ride, trail to get to the dirtjump spot, past the DJ part there is a downhill spot., they will do fine.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Can anyone recommend a good bike or parts for a Trek Mountaintrack230 for about $300? I ride street to get ot the spot, ride trails to get to the jumps, and just started taking some of the jumps. I like to cover everything. haha

·
Retread soul rider
93 Posts
morph: a mountaintrack will kill you if you jump with it... it's just not made for jumping

mr. freerider: your best bet for an all-rounder bike that's good for DJ is a full suspeurnernsion bike made for 4x; Norco 4x4, Specialized SX, Turner Rail, etc. These bikes combine a low standover height, about 4in front and rear of pedal efficient travel and 9-speed drivetrain with a bashguard

I know guys who do bigger jumps with their bigger FS bikes: Yeti ASX, Specialized BigHit, Spec. SX Trail, IronHorse SGS, Santa Cruz Heckler, SC Bullet, Astrix ?? (7-8in) travel... in fact these guys do all kinds of riding - DJ, DH/FR, XC, urban on the one big full suspension bike.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I just got a GF Bitter for an all around bike for $530, and so far Im completely satisfied with it. I havent gotten to do any dirt jumping yet though, but for DH and street it works great.

-Dallas J

·
Registered
136 Posts
B100 said:
morph: a mountaintrack will kill you if you jump with it... it's just not made for jumping

mr. freerider: your best bet for an all-rounder bike that's good for DJ is a full suspeurnernsion bike made for 4x; Norco 4x4, Specialized SX, Turner Rail, etc. These bikes combine a low standover height, about 4in front and rear of pedal efficient travel and 9-speed drivetrain with a bashguard

I know guys who do bigger jumps with their bigger FS bikes: Yeti ASX, Specialized BigHit, Spec. SX Trail, IronHorse SGS, Santa Cruz Heckler, SC Bullet, Astrix ?? (7-8in) travel... in fact these guys do all kinds of riding - DJ, DH/FR, XC, urban on the one big full suspension bike.
that seems like the way to go, get a 4x bike or just stick with the aniki, just get lighter components....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.