Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
I fix choppers
993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A cool Smiths song, but what I am wondering about is how a few minor changes in geometry will effect my enjoyment of a potential bike. I ride a medium Heckler that I have become incredibly comfortable on to do pretty much anything. The frame is 4 years old and I have had it for 3 years. I may be feeling the new frame jones as I am considering the posibilty of a VPP in the form of a Blur LT2 or a Nomad. The Blur LT2 seems like a slam dunk since the geometry is the same as the Heckler. The '07-'08 Nomad's wheelbase is 1.4" longer; its head angle is 2 degrees slacker and it has a slightly shorter top tube. I would appreciate any info from others that have taken this plunge especially regarding going to the more stretched out feel of the Nomad. I have rode several Nomads that were set up pretty close to how I would set mine up in terms of cockpit and suspension and I did notice that the bike did not feel as agile in the tight twisty single track, but I certainly have had only limited experience on one. I will likely take my parts from my Heckler to build up said bike including a Lyrik up front. Hmmmmmmmmmm? :confused:

·
Got A Lust for Life...
2,969 Posts
Hellbelly,
I couldn't help but notice how much the LT felt like my old Heckler(which is your Heckler) overall. Basically, it is a VPP version. I would say go for the LT over the Nomad if you want a similar feel to the Heckler. I really love my LT. And I do believe it is because 1. it is an amazing bike and 2. it brings back my memories of old faithful. You'll like it. Of the two, it is surely the safest bet hands down.

·
Au'Right!
395 Posts
You'll really love an LT2. The big difference is the Longer chainstays of a Nomad. The extra junk in the trunk makes low speed technical handling a little more of a handful but really adds a nice stable feel on fast downhills and even helps climbing.

·
I fix choppers
993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanx, y'all.

Thanx for the responses. It echoes what I was thinking. I may still pull the trigger on a Nomad as I a may score a deal on a used one, but I am gonna go talk to the regional SC dealer tomorrow. Now I just need to pick any color I want as long as its black. :thumbsup: :devil:

·
Au'Right!
395 Posts
Congrats, don't get me wrong a Nomad is an awesome bike and you'll love it too it's just better suited for a certain style of riding. I really like the changes they made to the 08 model.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.