Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
GONE
26,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My bike got a new XTR 7701 chain, how about you? let's see some pictures!!

·
cougarbait
1,783 Posts
I only ride my road bike during these cold months, so I got a couple parts for better fit/comfort.

Selle Italia SLC Gel Flow Kit Carbonio
Easton EC90 zero

Also recently got a set of Easton Orion II wheels wrapped with a pair of Specialized Mondo Pro II tires. I replaced the cassette with a SRAM PG1070 11-23T.

(old pic before new saddle and post)

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
for xmas i got a Cateye Micro Wireless, a tub of Park Grease, tube of Park Anti-Seize, set of Wellgo MG-1 Ti pedals.

OP: isn't the XTR chain the same as the Dura Ace chain? Anyone know which is the better (stronger/lighter) chain between the XTR and the X9SL?

·
GONE
26,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
louisssss said:
for xmas i got a Cateye Micro Wireless, a tub of Park Grease, tube of Park Anti-Seize, set of Wellgo MG-1 Ti pedals.

OP: isn't the XTR chain the same as the Dura Ace chain? Anyone know which is the better (stronger/lighter) chain between the XTR and the X9SL?
Yes, an XTR chain is the same as a Dura Ace. I've had a watchful eye on those X9SL's for a while now and I may try one someday but I've got a few new XTR chains in storage to go through first. I've had great service from the XTR chains over the years and I basically replace it once a year. I always compare the used chain to the new one to see how much stretch has ocurred. It's never too bad and I have never broken one in 8 years of using them.

·
Disgruntled Peccary
3,398 Posts
new SPD pedals (thanks to snapping a CB spindle)
a new led headlamp
a hope quick release collar
a set of panaracer rampages...

which means it now really needs a front DR that clears the 2.3's better... and the list goes on ;)

Oh and a set of Stans Flows (still spending christmas $$) thanks to folding the front dt470 today

·
Registered
108 Posts
I got a Speci Command Post! Took it out on it's maiden voyage yesterday and I'm beyond thrilled. It worked great and even, dare I say it, made riding even more fun! :thumbsup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts