Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
DWlink Fanboy
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen similar threads on other message boards of various varieties, i.e. what did you do with your car today?

It might be interesting to see where different Mojo riders live and what they are riding.

I'll give it a start...

My friend Rich and I rode at Fort Rock in Exeter NH today for 2 1/2 hours. Nice ride through lots of technical New England singletrack, log skinnies, wide bridges and narrow bridges, and rocks galore. A few nice jumps here and there. It was a two Mojo ride - his Mojo (below) and my SL. Here's his new Mojo after the ride - I have not seen many clearcoat carbon Mojos - very nice finish.

Albert

·
Registered
575 Posts
Ibis rocks

I saw four Mojo's and one Tranny today. The Tranny was mine and I did 3300 feet of climbing on the SS.. Lots of single track, this bike is fun. Riding in Santa Cruz is perfect right now, tacky and no dust. Saturday was on another Ibis, the Silk. 90 miles and 4200 feet up. Sunday was another road ride on the Silk 3200 feet and 40 miles. Here are a couple of pics of these awesome bikes. I like pictures.:thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Has a cycling disorder
536 Posts
I rode to work on my Silk...
Good old streets and bike paths, with a great view of the traffic jam I normally encounter on my way through Glenlock Interchange ;0)
frosty toes and face as the temperature was chilly, but a big smile on my dial.
looking to go the long way home to get some use out of my awesome new LED Radical-lights
Al

Attachments

·
Registered
575 Posts
Falling into winter?

fishboy2807 said:
I rode to work on my Silk...
Good old streets and bike paths, with a great view of the traffic jam I normally encounter on my way through Glenlock Interchange ;0)
frosty toes and face as the temperature was chilly, but a big smile on my dial.
looking to go the long way home to get some use out of my awesome new LED Radical-lights
Al
We are finally getting some nice weather in central California. I rode with an Aussie today, love the accent.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Practised trackstands on my driveway and then rode a few skinnies and balance stuff I have set up in my yard. As I write this my wife is out on a ladies ride with her brand new SL.

Straw

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
Nice Tranny! If only Ibis would hint at a 29" version... unless you all know of another mfr. doing some sort of similar chain-stay adjustable SS Solution. As a recent 29" wheeled kool-aid sipper, I would most like a QR rear wheel, fixed drop-out / disk mount relationship, and an adjustable chain tension system that does not need an EBB. The Ibis "Slot Machine" is a brilliant idea, as far as I can tell.... is only there were a big wheeled version too!

·
Registered
515 Posts
hint...
hanssc said:
Ibis heart 29rs.

There.

Are you happy now ;)

We've been riding them for a while and agree, they do some things really well. We are not down on, against, or resistant to them.

We will make one. When it comes out it will be really good. It's going to be quite a while.

We can't reveal what it will be, but it's not like any of our other bikes.

The Tranny would be perfect for 29r, but it is incredibly expensive to tool and produce. So that can't happen.

Cheers!
Hans
http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=616269&highlight=ibis

·
Registered
369 Posts
Took my mojo sl out on an easy ride today while the thunder storms cooperated. Local trails, Big Creek in Roswell GA. I stayed on the beginner loop + a few jaunts on laughing creek, skillet, and troll each go-around. Stayed mostly clean, stayed mostly to my game plan....always have to talk to myself on easy rides "easy does it, no cranking, pedal pedal" etc because it's just too damn fun to go at it! Sorry, took no pics. Maybe next time.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Stared at it sitting in the garage with no front wheel while Easton takes their sweet time (7 weeks and counting since I dropped it at the LBS and 5 weeks since Easton got it) rebuilding my Havoc. Can't borrow a spare b/c the only people that I know that have 15qr wheels are using them. Tried to buy a hope hoops from Chain Reaction (great deal by the way) but the only front rim currently available is a 717 and I want something slightly stronger. Someday I'll ride my mojo again. Someday...

·
Registered
369 Posts
You know, you could have had that "slightly" weaker wheel on tap as a future spare, and been riding this whole time. Hindsight is 20/20 of course, but your example has me thinking about if I want a lighter race wheelset, or a tougher AM as a second set, just in case...

7 weeks, man that blows. Hope you get it back soon.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Yep. It's been an exercise in frustration. At first, I wasn't worried because I figured it wouldn't take too long and I had a loaner wheel for a week. When I didn't hear anything, I followed up around May 20th and was told that Easton got it around the first of May but couldn't give an estimate on when it would be completed. Then I decided that I should get a spare anyway in case this ever happened again. By that time, CRC was sold out of all Hope Hoops except the 717s in front. I would have been very happy with that 6 months ago b/c I was racing XC with the mojo and it would have made a great race wheel. But now I am planning on selling the mojo and buying both a hard tail xc race bike and an HD. In that case, I would rather have a stronger AM spare that can be put on any bike so I am waiting for the Stans Flow rims. Oh well, maybe I'll break down in another day and change the order to the 717. My luck, they'll be sold out on that by then...

·
Has a cycling disorder
536 Posts
My Mojo is still at the paint shop, and the Carver KillerB doesn't go anywhere near as quick as the Silk... so I rode the Silk the long way to work, taking in the bike paths around the lake that are now strewn with autumn leaves. Another brisk morning, but not quite cold enough for booties. Clear skies today, so I might even get a lunchtime ride in.
(cramming for BCBR)
Al

·
It's the axle
1,765 Posts
First ride in almost half a year!

And my butt is sore. But the trails were dry enough except in the steepest climbs. Mendocino, California.

My excuse for not riding is this shop I just finished-

Attachments

·
Registered
575 Posts
glenzx said:
Nice Tranny! If only Ibis would hint at a 29" version... unless you all know of another mfr. doing some sort of similar chain-stay adjustable SS Solution. As a recent 29" wheeled kool-aid sipper, I would most like a QR rear wheel, fixed drop-out / disk mount relationship, and an adjustable chain tension system that does not need an EBB. The Ibis "Slot Machine" is a brilliant idea, as far as I can tell.... is only there were a big wheeled version too!
The "Slot Machine" has worked great. Easy as pie.:thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 70 Posts