Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had to go for physical therapy this morning so I took the day off. In my five visits for PT it is looking more like a possible tear in a shoulder muscle but a future MRI will tell. At the end of todays session while I was making some more appointments my PT said "take it easy on the mountain bike for awhile". On my way home I kept thinking about that comment. She didn't say anything about a road bike, then it hit me...duh, she must mean break out the full suspension instead of the rigid singlespeed.....yee hah dust it off and give it life!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
137 Posts
"take it easy"

minkhiller said:
I had to go for physical therapy this morning so I took the day off. In my five visits for PT it is looking more like a possible tear in a shoulder muscle but a future MRI will tell. At the end of todays session while I was making some more appointments my PT said "take it easy on the mountain bike for awhile". On my way home I kept thinking about that comment. She didn't say anything about a road bike, then it hit me...duh, she must mean break out the full suspension instead of the rigid singlespeed.....yee hah dust it off and give it life!
I think it means to keep it on the ground. No more drops for a while...take it easy on that bike!!! :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So these 2 responses confirm what I believe to be true. The full boinger needed no attention prior to it being let out for the year, my awesome shop took care of that before it was put to bed for the year. I hop aboard and there is a movement that I must re-familiarize myself with. An easy pedal beyond the house to the class 6 road reveals what I had expected, it's too soft still. I need to keep in mind that the therapist said easy.

Now that I know I am not to ride deep into the woods I thought of the potential of riding with Severum this weekend in his hood. He mentioned a ride with maybe some climbing involved and based on last weekends road rides climbing is something I need to work on. Now anything starting from my house in the Minkhills is 4 miles downhill, any direction. My thought was to ride into town and maybe back. I got into town and felt good, had plenty of time and made a deal with myself to head up Kearsarge to a pre-determined turn around spot. That decision came after a brief consultation with my legs.

Even though the full suspension was floating on pavement it was still good to have it be out and carting my ass around. It wasn't until I was climbing back home the 4 miles from downtown into the Minks that I had the feeling it was enough. Maybe on this day I was more prepared for the climbing than in the weekend past. It felt easier, that is what she wanted, for me to take it easy on the mountain bike. I really always have been a good listener!

Pic#1: Four miles to...
Pic#2:...this.
Pic#3: There were some sections of reminders of the winter past, some deeper and longer than others.
Pic#4: A good view of the Minkhills (in foreground) I start and end this ride on the other side of the tallest one seen.
Pic#5: My pre-determined turnaround spot looking towards Salisbury and Webster NH.

Hey Louis, you want to do some climbing?
 

Attachments

·
customized
Joined
·
3,123 Posts
No worries Mink, we won't be climbing any mountains (just hills) and there isn't any snow either. My ride should be cake except for all the rocks to ride over... or around.

You did one ride last weekend that was more than I have rode all year... geez.

That was one of your best posts ever. Glad to see you earning all those ticks on your post count.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Severum said:
No worries Mink, we won't be climbing any mountains (just hills) and there isn't any snow either. My ride should be cake except for all the rocks to ride over... or around.

You did one ride last weekend that was more than I have rode all year... geez.

That was one of your best posts ever. Glad to see you earning all those ticks on your post count.
I want to catch up to Shiver Me Timbers who at last check had 12+ posts per day.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh and by the way Louis, I find your avatar really inspirational.
 

·
customized
Joined
·
3,123 Posts
Not sure how much sarcasm there was in that last post, but my avatar is kinda gross. It is actually a tree that had mushrooms growing on it. The pic was taken in low light in early winter. I was "overly excited" to ride at HP last weekend.

I'm changing it when I get home from work.

Louis
 

·
Where'd I leave my beer?
Joined
·
19 Posts
Hey!

I think I can see my house in that last pic! Then again...............maybe not. I put some air in the tires of my old hardtail last weekend. Does that count as getting prepared for the riding season? It is a start. Nice pics Glenn!
 

·
paintbucket
Joined
·
2,825 Posts
What's with the shoulder Mink? Its too early in the year for injuries. And where's pics of the Soma? I've been keeping an eye out, but I haven't seen any.
 

·
customized
Joined
·
3,123 Posts
Hey, I'll come up there and ride as soon as the snow and muck is gone. I need to train for the big Red Tail run I am doing in the summer.

I can't beleive that southern Maine and central NH still have lots of snow when there is none in the woods in Concord. Heck, the trails are pretty dry as well.

Louis
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
knobbydad® said:
I think I can see my house in that last pic! Then again...............maybe not. I put some air in the tires of my old hardtail last weekend. Does that count as getting prepared for the riding season? It is a start. Nice pics Glenn!
You are way ahead of some Terry, our Police Chief has not gotten that far yet.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
wooglin said:
What's with the shoulder Mink? Its too early in the year for injuries. And where's pics of the Soma? I've been keeping an eye out, but I haven't seen any.
Shoulder...product of a crash last June. I have been gathering parts for the Soma slowly, i'm about half way there. I'm hoping to have it going in May I needed to put a road bike in the mix so that slowed the SS purchaces a bit.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yogreg said:
The Yeti looks sick!
Nice pictures. Hope to ride with you soon.
4 sure. I'm hoping I can get south in mid May or there abouts if you have some time then.
 

·
paintbucket
Joined
·
2,825 Posts
minkhiller said:
I'm hoping to have it going in May I needed to put a road bike in the mix so that slowed the SS purchaces a bit.
Damn. If I don't get a new bike up and running in a day from the time it shows up on my doorstep I start freaking out. A month? No way. :)
 

·
Back on the wagon
Joined
·
1,091 Posts
wooglin said:
Damn. If I don't get a new bike up and running in a day from the time it shows up on my doorstep I start freaking out. A month? No way. :)
I've had the On-One frame and fork now for a week. Still waiting on a seatpost and rear wheel. Starting to drive me nuts. I've got a Surly 1x1 w/Rhyno Lite coming (soon, I hope). Also thinking I'm going to order a Salsa seatpost... I'll definitely have pics of the new ride when I get it up and running.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
wooglin said:
Damn. If I don't get a new bike up and running in a day from the time it shows up on my doorstep I start freaking out. A month? No way. :)
That should give me time to get at least one vehicle in good enough shape to travel to ride with these guys. Then the bike parts will flow in faster.
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top