Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, what did you guys/gals get for your bikes and or yourself that has to do with riding? I got a "Hanger Banger" (pics 1 and 2). Craigstr introduced it to me and I could see no reason not to get one. Makes total sense, especially with the DT's burly hanger. The other thing that he dropped off, via the in-laws, was a 2.4 Schwalbe Fat Albert REAR specific. A few gift certificates to the LBS and a present to myself, besides my new DT, a new Thule T2 rack for my truck. I must say, I was a good boy this year! :D

Attachments

·
Perpetual Hack
2,193 Posts
Beat you to it....

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=479080

...and now with contributing to your post, I help my own die....

I am / will be interested in your views on the FA rear. I have the older version on the back of my DT (BB is up front)

Can you explain the benefits of a hanger banger on the DT - I thought they were to help with wimpy hangers - not really the case with the DT. Granted I don't know much more than that, what am I missing?

Love my Thule Sidearm's.

Is the DT new enough to be considered a present to thyself for Christmas?

Is so seriously nice haul...

Merry Christmas

michael

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My bad!

mykel said:
http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=479080

...and now with contributing to your post, I help my own die....

Yeah! I noticed that, sorry. :D

I am / will be interested in your views on the FA rear. I have the older version on the back of my DT (BB is up front)

I, also have the BB up front. I was running the NN in the rear and wanted a little more traction for the wet. Looking forward to the test ride on Sunday. :thumbsup:

Can you explain the benefits of a hanger banger on the DT - I thought they were to help with wimpy hangers - not really the case with the DT. Granted I don't know much more than that, what am I missing?

From what I understand, and from what it appears to create, is a barrier over your RD. You'll notice that you can't hit the RD bolt on area without hitting the Bsnger and if you do it is solidly connected to the axle. We'll see. All I know is the wife said, that is $50!??? :p

Love my Thule Sidearm's.

I'm stoked! My Dad got me a Dakine tailgate cover because I had it on my list prior to finding a smokin' deal on a used T2. Looks like I can trade that in for something else.:)

Is the DT new enough to be considered a present to thyself for Christmas?

I consider it one! The wife considers it 10 years worth. I have to get rid of one of the 3 in garage to pay for it. It's worth it. :rolleyes:

Is so seriously nice haul...

Merry Christmas

michael
I took an extra swig of Knollyaid this morning! :cool:

Attachments

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
Well, where do I start?

Beside placing an order for a DT two days before christmas:
-Syncros Riser bar and stem in powder coated white.
-XT chain
-Sram rear cogs
-Peaty lock ons in white
-cash from the mother in law for the Selle Italia Yutaak TLD seat(if I can ever find one)
-new ipod nano and bluetooth ear phones
- a cheap and compact Insignia (Best Buy brand) digital video recorder that record in 720P (lowest grade of high definition) to catch all the riding on
-believe it or not I wanted these for cooler weather riding (see pic)
I guess I'll have to go large to not be made fun of in these.
Dom, what happened to that cool rack we saw at I-Bike? You will love the T-2, great rack!

Attachments

·
GUIDANCE COUNSELOR
3,844 Posts
Video stuff galore this christmas! I played santa to myself for most of it....but it still counts! 10 days until I hit the road for warmer climates and non-stop rippin!

NEW HD CAMCORDER! GORILLAPOD SLRzoom! 250gb EX.HDD! WIDE ANGLE LENSES! EXTRA BATTERIES! WOOHOO!

·
Dr. Pepper drinker
1,640 Posts
NoahColorado said:
Video stuff galore this christmas! I played santa to myself for most of it....but it still counts! 10 days until I hit the road for warmer climates and non-stop rippin!

NEW HD CAMCORDER! GORILLAPOD SLRzoom! 250gb EX.HDD! WIDE ANGLE LENSES! EXTRA BATTERIES! WOOHOO!

Hey Noah, what wide angle lens did you pick up and where did you get it? We went with the Vixia HV30 for Xmas ourselves, I'm definitely going to need to pick up a wide angle for it soon.

·
GUIDANCE COUNSELOR
3,844 Posts
I'm not sure where the lens came from - I got it from my folks. It was some generic brand - can't remember the name. Works well so far though. Probably came off amazon. For my camera I needed a 37mm lens attachment, yours probably is too. I also got some filters and a telephoto lens too. Get a Gorillapod - they're awesome!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.