Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
ballbuster
12,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OT, but I was in Lowe's over the weekend to get shelving stuff. I walk by the clearance table where they had complete Black and Decker gift packs... the ones with a cordless circular saw, a drill, stud finder charger, and light, 24v system... Hmmm $159 list, marked down to $59.99. Department manager walks up to me and says 'I gotta sell off the Christmas season stuff..... How does $20 grab you?'

Hells yeah!

Granted, the Black and Decker stuff is kinda cheapy, but decent. My drill was nearly dead, gears worn, etc. I was due for a new one anyway.

OTOH, I get it home, and it was obviously returned. The saw had sawdust all over it. Heck, for $20, I can't complain. Seems to work just fine.

Surprisingly, I have not found any crazy blowout deals on bike stuff.

·
Banned
16,457 Posts
One of our local Home Depot type stores (we have a dozen or so of these types of chains) was closing, so I hit it up at the end. Unfortunately, I heard late so all the good stuff was gone, but plenty of good left, so I just put shelves up last night in our closet where our bikes go to keep all the crap off of them. A room of shelves for like 10€

WIha tools are available at a competitor, and much cheaper than in the US, so I might pic some stuff up from them. No ratchets and sockets, though. Wera screwdrivers are 50% the price of the US, so of course, I got a set. Love those lazer etched tips that grab screws solid, even worn ones.

Not the same thing, but when one buys stuff from another country, then moves to said country where they are cheaper, it's kind of cool.

·
ballbuster
12,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Heh, reminds me of last year

Jerk_Chicken said:
One of our local Home Depot type stores (we have a dozen or so of these types of chains) was closing, so I hit it up at the end. Unfortunately, I heard late so all the good stuff was gone, but plenty of good left, so I just put shelves up last night in our closet where our bikes go to keep all the crap off of them. A room of shelves for like 10€

WIha tools are available at a competitor, and much cheaper than in the US, so I might pic some stuff up from them. No ratchets and sockets, though. Wera screwdrivers are 50% the price of the US, so of course, I got a set. Love those lazer etched tips that grab screws solid, even worn ones.

Not the same thing, but when one buys stuff from another country, then moves to said country where they are cheaper, it's kind of cool.
THe local CompUSA was closing. I got in there on the last day, right when the manager came out and said 'Everything left is 50 cents!' I saw out of the corner of my eye a Sony 300 Disc DVD changer display model, so I grabbed it. It was missing a knob and the manual, but had the power cord. Got it home, turns out it worked just fine.

I also picked up a PeeCee case.

Oh, also I picked up the entire Firefly series from Amazon for $20 this year.

Yeah, other than that, not many real crushing good deals this year. I'm kinda surprised considering how badly they say retailers did this season.

·
MTBR Member
3,008 Posts
mealsonwheels said:
I just ordered a rear wheel - Hope Pro II with DT Swiss 5.1 - for only $206 out the door. That's cheaper than I could get the hub for. It's nota $20 B&D toolset, but I was happy.

The site is Wiggle
Check chainreaction...I was looking at a set of mavic 819s laced to the hope pro II for $350...and free shipping.

·
I <3 Dirt
724 Posts
ncfisherman said:
Check chainreaction...I was looking at a set of mavic 819s laced to the hope pro II for $350...and free shipping.
I did.

Chainreaction was $10 more out the door until they pulled their free shipping deal. That made it a no brainer. Wiggle was giving free shipping to orders over $145.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.