Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to upgrade my crafts from the stout pro to shimano XT cranks. Are the cranks I need the XT FC-M8100? Will it work with my BB?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey jrhone,

Stumbled upon this looking for the same info.
Did you ever make your upgrade?
Any regrets or learns along the way to share?

I haven't been able to find the specs for the Stout Pro crankset that came on my build so it's a bit tough for me to decide what would be the best replacement without changing chainline and q-factor.

From what I found, all 3 non-race trims (Deore, SLX, & XT) have the same specs available but there's a lower level Deore set that came on the Chisel Comp. Unfortunately, the specs for the MT511 don't line up with anything in the Deore/SLX/XT lineup.

MT511 (Stock build Chisel Comp)
Q-factor - 178.5
Chain line - 52
Hub compatibility - 142, 148
Recommended BB - SM-BB52

M6100/M7100/M8100
Q-factor - 172
Chain line - 52
Hub compatibility - 142, 148
Recommended BB - SM-BB52(6100’s) BB-MT800(7100’s & 8100’s)

M6120/M7120/M8120
Q-factor - 178
Chain line - 55
Hub compatibility - 148
Recommended BB - SM-BB52(6100’s) BB-MT800(7100’s & 8100’s)

I'm going to reach out to Specialized to see if they can provide this and will post back in case this info becomes useful to anyone else along the way.

Happy trails!

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi! I am about to pull the trigger on a new set of cranks...did you ever get any info on what cranks would work best?

·
Registered
115 Posts
The crankarms should be closer to the frame because of the lesser q factor and my shoes have been hitting the rear seat stays on occasion but chainline looks to be unaffected. I notice the wolftooth rings actually offset inwards apparently by 3mm.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.