Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife has a 2008 Specialized Safire with f120 forks and she beleives to think that when she takes a sudden hit (like a curb or does a wheely) with them it feels like the frame is taking the hit more then the shock like it is bottoming out without actually bottoming out. If we just push up and down on the shock it is fine and I dont feel this problem when I ride it but she thinks it feels like a metal hitting possibly when she takes quick hard hits. I have the psi at 40 as she weighs 110 and sag is nice and rebound is 4 clicks from full open. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated....

·
Go back to school
648 Posts
I would put 10 more psi in that thing. My girlfriend weighs 110 as well and I run 55 because we do some pretty rocky stuff. See what she reports. Going up curbs is a pretty significant impact too.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If I do that no matter what drops we do she will have maybe 1.5 inches left in her travel and never come close to using full travel.... I will try if that will help but I was thinking of dropping pressure it like 35 or 30 as she doesnt use full travel now.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think its fine when I ride it but when I get home I will take all oil out of air side and put 2ml back and also undo other side and release any air that might be in there and the put back to 45 psi and have her test that out. Is it hard to unscrew the side of the fork with the lockout on to remove any excess air? I mean is it hard to take the lockout lever off?

·
Go back to school
648 Posts
At 25% sag for 110lbs you should be able to bottom that fork out with your body weight...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts