Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
I completely restored this old schwinn lil' chic bike for my soon to be 7 year old. She was super excited about it. I had it powder coated and cleaned all the chrome. They don't make these like they used to. I received a bike computer. Need to figure out if I will keep it or think about a garmin. Merry christmas and happy new year to all of you..

Attachments

·
Registered
6,787 Posts
This year the family was mostly excited to meet our baby so she made out like a bandit. Music things, lights clothes, etc.

I got a pretty cool jersey, an indoor helicopter thing (which I can't really use because it scares the baby :eek:) some adjustable ratchet socket wrench dealy and a few gift cards. Gonna use the gift cards to buy a high chair and subsidize the purchase of a lens for my new camera (not sure which one yet). The best gift I gave was a photo collage of the baby to my parents. They're thrilled about being grand parents and always ask me for updated pics so I made a little greatest hits deal for em.

·
Snowjnky McDreamy
2,560 Posts
MTBR forum reader with a iPhone 4 Gen case that uncannily matches my Nomad and some Dogfish 90 min Imperial IPA
Electronic device Product Display device Technology Table

Period Art for the casa
Wall Paint Art paint Art Modern art

The best part was spending the Christmas with our new family member

Nose Human Comfort Child Sitting

·
My spoon is too big!
881 Posts
pmarshall said:
I completely restored this old schwinn lil' chic bike for my soon to be 7 year old. She was super excited about it. I had it powder coated and cleaned all the chrome. They don't make these like they used to. I received a bike computer. Need to figure out if I will keep it or think about a garmin. Merry christmas and happy new year to all of you..
That looks a lot like the Pixie I restored for my daughter this year. Where did you get the Schwinn decals?

It was a pretty mellow day for us this year. We gave homemade foods; cheese, olives and vanilla. Best things I got were a bottle of Dogfish Head Pangaea, and a 12 year Macallan. :thumbsup:

·
Mtbr Founder
35,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My 80 year old neighbor's dead tree fell. His son came by and cut it up and we all talked for a bit. He said he hasn't used his fireplace for 10 years since his wife died and it's been rough.

He gave me all this firewood. Here's half the loot. It burns good already. Score!

fc

Attachments

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
medieval said:
That looks a lot like the Pixie I restored for my daughter this year. Where did you get the Schwinn decals?

It was a pretty mellow day for us this year. We gave homemade foods; cheese, olives and vanilla. Best things I got were a bottle of Dogfish Head Pangaea, and a 12 year Macallan. :thumbsup:
Yeah the Lil Chic is just a wee bit bigger. I used company I found on a schwinn forum. I think they are also on ebay as well. Just look for water transfer decals. They are hard to put on and you have to use a special stuff if you apply them to powdercoat. I learned the hard way. If you need more help, PM me and I will be glad to try. I might need to get new tires for her as these are 30 years old. She doesn't ride without training wheels yet anyway.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
On Christmas eve ibikergal and myself spent 5 hours fixing bikes for homeless and needy people at the Eastside Neighbor Center on Alum Rock in San Jose.

Loaves and Fishes had a free Christmas meal for anyone that came by the center on Christmas Eve. The crew from Good Karma Bikes and myself worked on any bicycles, wheelchairs or Walkers that needed repairs. ibikergal put new brake cables and housing on a walker while the owner waited in line for dinner, that alone made my Christmas :thumbsup:

Everything is free with Good Karma Bikes, parts and labor, We take the best new and used parts we have on hand and make it happen, fixing flats, replacing spokes, rims, wheels, packing wheel bearings, brake pads, etc... if we have the parts on hand and a bike needs it we fix or replace it.

The people that are getting the help are so grateful.

If any of you have any old bike parts or bikes that you would like to donate, Good Karma Bikes will put them to good use, and you can get a receipt to write off for your old stuff.

Good Karma Bikes is a 501(c)3 non-profit corporation. All monetary and in-kind donations are tax deductible to the fullest extent of the law. The GKB generosity mantra is: Giving feels groovy!

http://www.goodkarmabikes.org/index.html

Here's a pic of me on friday putting cables on a bike.

Attachments

·
Weird huh?
2,286 Posts
nachomc said:
This year the family was mostly excited to meet our baby so she made out like a bandit. Music things, lights clothes, etc.

I got a pretty cool jersey, an indoor helicopter thing (which I can't really use because it scares the baby :eek:) some adjustable ratchet socket wrench dealy and a few gift cards. Gonna use the gift cards to buy a high chair and subsidize the purchase of a lens for my new camera (not sure which one yet). The best gift I gave was a photo collage of the baby to my parents. They're thrilled about being grand parents and always ask me for updated pics so I made a little greatest hits deal for em.

Hey! Ask whoever got you the rc helicopter where they got it. I've been looking for another of those Propel models, just like in your picture since I my dog snagged mine in midair and crunched it. I've been trying to find that model again but nobody has them.

Cheers!

·
V-Shaped Rut
3,178 Posts
Too lazy to take pics, so I'm stealing them off the web. In addition to these the best I got is that I basically haven't worked much the last 3 weeks of the year and probably won't for a week after the 1st.

For Tahoe locals, that means nothing but powder day after powder day!

Attachments

·
padded
705 Posts
New arm warmers and the "Life Cycles" DVD - it's awesome, beautifully put together, much more about bikes and riding than riders.
I had a much better time giving gifts: MsWheels got some very fine opal jewelry I picked up in Australia, and WheelsJr, who is crazy for Legos and Star Wars at the moment, got the coolest Lego kit ever, among other things. The best part was building it with him after, all 1,170 pieces - made for a great day :thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Registered
6,787 Posts
cmdrpiffle said:
Hey! Ask whoever got you the rc helicopter where they got it. I've been looking for another of those Propel models, just like in your picture since I my dog snagged mine in midair and crunched it. I've been trying to find that model again but nobody has them.

Cheers!
She got it at the mall in San Jose at a Kiosk. I saw them at the Galleria in Roseville too though.

·
Registered
6,543 Posts
Got some cool stuff - gift cards, cash, trinkets, etc. I bought myself one of these, a North American Arms .22 mini revolver.

And I received a WWII .303 British from my father-in-law like this one. My collection grows! Although I'd like to have another pistol in the future. The Taurus Judge looks appealing. :)

Bought my wife an iPad and my brother a Road ID. Got gift cards for all along with random presents.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.