Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
any info on what the 07 prophet 4000 will be using????? i wanna upgrade components, and my choice would either be the 07 XTR or whatever the 07 Sram stuff will be, so is there a new SRAM XO or will it still be the same?

·
Registered
223 Posts
I am sure the team si frames will heavily be sram equipped with the juciy ultimates on the more race oriented bikes like the hardtail/scalpel/rush.

I would probably go ahead and just buy a full xtr kited bike. It should be less than a team si frame and probably as light if not ligher since the new xtr crank with bearing adjsuetmetn is only 770 grams or so and all of the other new xtr comp should be a few grams less than sram stuff. The only catch is since it is all new you may be waiting for along time to get a bike equipped with it. The Si with sram would be using a lot of readily availbe parts and I am sure they will crank out those new ultimates really quickly.

Look at the system six models avaible in either shimano/campy/sram. So many choices. Although from what I have heard the sram stuff is going to kill the us campy market. But this is a mountain bike forum so I won't go there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.