Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
needing to get something a bit shorter then 170 .. but so far my searching is not turning up much of anything .. other then custom made stuff that would cost more then my bike ...

if the info is needed .. i have an 07 raleigh Mojave 8.0
Cranks - Truvative Blaze Power Spline 22/32/44t
BB - Truvative Power Spline

i do not really need 3 rings, would be fine with 2 or even 1 ... the 32t is the only one i use on it ...

·
Registered
350 Posts
hey, those are road cranks. look at the recent 165mm crank arm post. the xt comes in 165mm. unless you are going to change the big ring on that 4550 crank, it wont work, mountain deraillerus arent made to hold 50t rings.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
that 34t is the only ring i really need (well 32t but close enough) ..

already read through that other post as well ... and have been looking around for a place that has the xt set or the RF set...

·
Registered
4,715 Posts
what is your main reason for considering a 165mm (or 160) ?

I ask because my '08 HiFi Deluxe 16" (S) came with 170mm. I'm wondering if I should be considering 165mm cranks? Obviously a new crank is a big chunk of change.

I'm 5'6", 29.5" inseam

cheers

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
MI_canuck said:
what is your main reason for considering a 165mm (or 160) ?

I ask because my '08 HiFi Deluxe 16" (S) came with 170mm. I'm wondering if I should be considering 165mm cranks? Obviously a new crank is a big chunk of change.

I'm 5'6", 29.5" inseam

cheers
i am 5'7" with a 26.5" avg inseem ...

the 170mm ones have my legs up to high at the top of the stroke and to low at the bottom ... kinda hard to explain would just have to experience it ... with our inseam i wouldn't think you would need them tho

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.