Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i've ordered an SB140 which should be here in Jan'. i'm wondering what things I should make sure the bike shop includes that isn't actually on the bike that comes in the box. I'm thinking things like manuals, shock pump, tokens, maybe eagle derialleur adjuster tool, bleed block, etc. This is the first bike i'll be purchasing brand new so just not sure if I can expect things that would normally come with components were you to purchase them standalone.

·
Registered
887 Posts
I did not receive any of those items in a new build.

Edit: I did receive the generic rider manual, but that is pretty much useless and is more for liability.

I’d be curious if that is standard or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
254 Posts
I got the manuals for the Fox Fork and Shock. Also for the dropper post. There was also a Yeti manual. Basic stuff... Some decals from Yeti and a set of valve stems to make tubeless and some bolts with blue Loctite, but not sure what they are for.

I also got this red, plastic piece with an anodized "cap" in the center that rotates. No idea what the hell that thing is.

No pump or tools. All things you need to purchase...

This was all for an SB115...

·
Registered
523 Posts
I got a sheet of transparent stickers--frame protection kit. Some manuals, etc.

I think the days of manufacturers including shock pumps, tools, etc, are basically over. (I'm sure there are exceptions.)

·
Registered
853 Posts
Trying to remember what came with my 140, valves, tape, and little tubes of Stans and the little valve core tool. Brake pad spacer in calipers. Whatever manuals. Think that was it.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well to my surprise my bike came in 2 months earlier than expected this weekend and they didn't hand anything to me with it other than the pedal spacers and spacers to go install on the fork bleed ports if I ever remove the fender.

Interesting about the frame protector kit coming in ejj's box. Wonder if the store just tossed mine. At this point it doesn't matter though because my buddy did custom frame protection the night I got it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts