Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

What coffee grinds are on your bike grips today?

2K views 43 replies 29 participants last post by  cmg 
#1 · (Edited)
I had a double espresso made with this Baton Rouge brew and
a splash of hot oat milk before I hit my local trail in chilly Vermont today.

You?

See less See more
This post has been deleted
#27 ·
We've secretly replaced MTBR's regular coffee with Folgers Crystals...

We have a couple local roasters. I gave one of them a try through several bags and all the single-sourced beans tasted the same. I gave it up for now and I'm drinking my Starbucks Christmas blend until it runs out. My favorite lately was Alton Brown Multitasker from Dancing goats. Would buy again, probably should

#35 ·
ha missed this thread...
we paid a bit more than 4k for a coffee machine, and l hate, it absolutely sucks balls, l cant make a good coffee no matter what l do.

my missus on the other hand is like a snake charmer, she makes a killer coffee from it, and the Cappucino she makes would make us rich if she sold it, but when shes not home or l have to use it, l hate it, if it wasnt for my missus ld take a hammer to it

#7 ·
Independence Coffee Company's Jackhammer for my drip brew. Black. It's somewhat local to me and tastes great.

Deathwish Coffee's Gingerdead for cold brew with a tsp of sugar and milk. Tastes like mom's gingerbread man cookies.

For espresso I normally use an espresso roast from the local grocery store, but sometimes use Deathwish Coffee's Dark or Medium roast if I want a stronger flavor in my cuppalattechino.

However, the grinds never make it to my grips as I wash my hands when they're dirty.

#10 ·
Lately I've just been picking whatever the lightest roasted bean is. Last two times that's been Canoe roast by Water Avenue Coffee roasters. I just googled coffee roasters in Portland, I think there might be more than there are breweries.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

#17 ·
Nothing beats a French Press....also grind your own beans, obviously. As far as actual beans, I have a local roaster that's awesome and I like to try different stuff as far as regions etc.

All that said, sometimes at work I use a keurig because I don't have time for anything else.

#18 ·
My coffee intake has a variety, I make it at work and sometimes my buddies make it. We all have a different flavor. Today was Kicking Horse Coffee, “454 Horse Power”. It is a coffee from Canada. Yesterday my buddy made whatever type he had and it tasted like burned flesh, we immediately had a talk about quality. Typically I prefer a strong brew of a dark coffee without any modifications like cream or sugar, I take it straight. I usually have 25-30 OZ of the stuff, any more and I’m a wreck.

#22 ·
Park Ave Roasters, Gateway Blend. Black. Automatic drip.

During winter rides I will occasionally fill one of my water bottles with coffee and imbibe while I ride. I had an old hydroflask that was compatible with my bike's h2o cages but the current side access cages only play well with normal bottles.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.