Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting tired of bouncy chain issues. I cannot believe the Heckler doesn't have the ISCG mount on it. Anyway, the Black Spire on my other bike works pretty well but that has the ISCG.

After watching those SRAM vs. Shimano rear der videos, I also wonder if switching to SRAM might keep the chain from bouncing around as much.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
I had the same problem with my 07 Heckler chain jumping, jingling, clattering around , so I've just fitted E-13 DRS , using old style ISCG back plate 36 tooth bash guard and an xtr shadow short cage mech, silent is the word and smooth,
the old style back plate replaced the spacer on my BB I have 08 XTR 970 cranks, it even looks nice.

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
gticlay said:
I'm getting tired of bouncy chain issues. I cannot believe the Heckler doesn't have the ISCG mount on it. Anyway, the Black Spire on my other bike works pretty well but that has the ISCG.
Why not just run a Blackspire Stinger? they make a bb mount version that works without tabs, I have one on my RFX. Works like a charm.

(pic was take in the middle of the build) :D

You would want the one in the lower LH:

·
Registered
997 Posts
TLL said:
Why not just run a Blackspire Stinger? they make a bb mount version that works without tabs, I have one on my RFX. Works like a charm.

(pic was take in the middle of the build) :D

You would want the one in the lower LH:
how can you tell if you need the bigger BB version or the smaller one?

·
Registered
6,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys. I like the sounds of an old ISCG mount - that's the one that fits between the BB cups and BB and then there's more adjustability without having to pull cranks and loosen BB cups, right? Then I could use the Blackspire guide on the upper side?

So, where/which are the best mounts like that?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.