Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings from germany :).

So I used to ride a Cross-Bike to work and for shopping. But my bike got stolen so I went to buy a new one. Long story short, four days ago I bought the Univega HT-C 29.6 which is from last year i guess, but good enough for me :).

Now as this is a mountainbike, someone suggested that i could ride to the next "mountain" and try out a trail or two. I did this yesterday and had a lot of fun! Of course I had to go there again today but went somewhat faster already and now I am not sure what this bike can handle? There were some little jumps and roots which seemed to be no problem. But there was a very steep part with a lot of little rocks an plenty of potholes which hit the rear wheel really hard i guess.

I wheight almost 80kg and am 1,88m tall. I did some research for hardtails and what you should not do with them. But this seems to be more an issue of the parts used for the bike and I have no clue. Well I can check for the parts but I can not find any information about what the frame or the wheels or the fork can handle for example.

Maybe someone here can help me out and tell me what i should avoid (other than run into a tree) to not break the bike?

Thanks for your help :).

Kind Regards,
Jan.

·
Registered
3,776 Posts
That's a good bike for what you doing with it,as long as you don't want to do 6 foot jumps and drops it will stand up to some abuse. Running the right air pressure will help prevent damage to the wheels ,learning how to ride light and pick lines will help too.

·
Registered
15,132 Posts
Check the spoke tension, or go in to your shop and watch them check tension front and rear. Rear drive can be 120kgf. non-drive 85+. it's good to know where things are.
This wheelset is likely entry level. Contact the bike manufacturer for more info.
You can always upgrade.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.