Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I already posted this....I think it got removed...so DISCLAIMER....I'm not trying to sell this bike here...I just want to get some selling tips...

So I have this niche specific dirt jumping bike...Think about it as a splice between a mtb dirt jump bike and a bmx bike. It was made by Ohio based companie UNION STREET BIKES.
My frame is the "molly maguire" seen here: http://unionstreetbikes.com/product/molly.php

The thing here is that I want to sell it...and I haven't had the interest I expected...I posted it on eBay and it barely got $456 in bids....I would like $700 for it...give or take...the frame alone was $525 bucks.

What should I do to sell it for what I want? Should I use Forums? Relist on Ebay?

I don't go to skateparks, Dj events or the like...so that may pose some disadvantages...

Please help me!

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sammysmc said:
Probably better parting it out
I thought about that too....probably get about $250 for the frame....
Parts are pretty much 8 out of 10 in condition....
Odyssey parts sell good these days right?

Thats probably a good idea....

The Chris King alone would be about $70 bucks....

The one problem is gonna be the rims....probably dissasemble those also??

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Union Streets are well regarded.

You might be able to sell it whole.

Either way, try selling it on Pinkbike-your niche market is right there. You'll have to ship most likely but no fees like ebay.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I am also selling my old DJ. Taking a real big (but expected) hit. Mine was $850 new, and will likely sell for $300 after 3.5 years of moderate use.

I would throw it on forums and craigslist, and what doesn't sell after a few weeks goes on ebay with no reserve.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
dhbomber said:
Anyone know other specific Dirt Jump Forums in the web other than pinkbike?
ridemonkey and observedtrails.net which is traditional trials but they seem to be lenient with DJ bikes in the buy/sell forum since many members do both. But they could get snarky.

·
FeeRideRules
217 Posts
jmmorath said:
ridemonkey and observedtrails.net which is traditional trials but they seem to be lenient with DJ bikes in the buy/sell forum since many members do both. But they could get snarky.
I wouldn't bother posting FS on OTN(observedtrials.net)
99% of people on there only want to purchase real trials bikes(especially the new people on there) & your ad would just sit there & no-one would buy your bike.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
OGJON said:
I wouldn't bother posting FS on OTN(observedtrials.net)
99% of people on there only want to purchase real trials bikes(especially the new people on there) & your ad would just sit there & no-one would buy your bike.
True that it's trials specific but I posted a DJ there and got interest and no flack about it (but I dabbled in trials and was a member prior to posting it) and I've seen others sell on there quickly no problem.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.