Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

IMAG0134 by terrasmak, on Flickr

What can i do to keep this from happening again. XC bike, foot got knocked off the pedal it seems like i clipped the outer chainring. Really pissed about the tat, i don't thing shin guards would really keep this from happening as this is the side of my leg. Open to suggestions.

·
Registered
52 Posts
dang that sucks....I would think shin guards would help even just a little bit...Maybe those knee pad/shin guard combo would work, Like the new kali aziz, fox makes a set too.

·
Registered
149 Posts
six six one evo shin pads seem to wrap around your entire leg, check those out, and like he said above some longer socks would probably help some.

·
Five is right out
3,174 Posts
If you are riding flats, consider clipless. It'll give you much more secure foot placement. Otherwise, some of the heavier duty shin guards give full wrap protection, but are very hot.

The bashguard suggestions are good too.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Bashguard is out, i ride my bike on the road a lot, and need the large chainwheel. I have a clipless setup at home, i'm not comfy riding them thru all terrian at this time. I would have crashed yesterday a few times if i was riding with a clipless setup.

Sixsixone Veggie Shin Guard at JensonUSA.com kinda wondering if something like this would work? Probably only wear one on the RT side.

What is the lightest shin armor that will also protect the side of my leg?

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Great advice here.

Additionally: I moved to thin flat pedals from a DMR Mag V12 and notice an improvement in feet staying on the pedals. They simply don't roll as easily, on both tricky ascents and rough downs. FWIW.

Mike

·
Registered
235 Posts
I was using the SixSixOne Comp Knee/Shins for a while and they offered great lower leg protection. They wrap almost all the way around the leg and protect the calf and sides pretty well with padding.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Clipless may have worked, but the hit i took bottomed out the suspension and my foot hit a root. My foot hitting the ground actually was a hard enough of a jolt to tweek my back.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts