Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a '03 Jr.T on my big hit comp and while doing a drop that was around 8' with a nice tranny it was almost bottoming out. there was only 2/3" left in the travel. is this normal??? cuz the previous owner took it off 15' drops alot and had almost the same travel left when finished. what do i do to get the most out of my travel or should this be expected??

·
Registered
217 Posts
yeah, its normal. the nice things about jr ts is that its a speed sensitive system. its simple, but it works fine on single impact stuff like drops (they can hydrolock on choppy, fast DH stuff though). anyway, if you pay attention to your fork, when your ridding, it'll use most of its travel on on a 1 ft drop, and use most of its travel on a 15 ft drop. ive never bottomed mine, they just ramp up progressivly.

·
DOWNHILL MAFIA
1,360 Posts
themontashu said:
on an 8 foot drop you should use 9/10th of your travel, look at all the older bike vidios and see what all thoes guys did on super Ts its the same fork with difrent internals
The 'internals' are what makes the Jr.T and the Super T different.

But bhamrider, you probably need your fork oil changed. And, if you're bigger or heavier than the guy you bought it from then you might need to get x firm springs or heavier weight fork oil..

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
JSUN said:
The 'internals' are what makes the Jr.T and the Super T different.

But bhamrider, you probably need your fork oil changed. And, if you're bigger or heavier than the guy you bought it from then you might need to get x firm springs or heavier weight fork oil..
the guy who sold it to me is the exact same weight and he rebuilt the Jr.T b4 he sold it to me (including new oil) and only had 3 rides on it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.