Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
I wish I had...
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking for a new set of brakes to replace my hayes 9's. i am looking for something not super expensive. My favorite so far are the codes. They are 235$ a piece i think on go ride. I am also looking at the juicys and hopes. Which are the best? Thanks

·
Registered
680 Posts
The codes are looking pretty sweet, hopes are great as well. I am realy liking my formulas right now, TONS of power, great modulation, super easy to bleed and set up, and great costomer service to boot.

·
I wish I had...
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
what are the prices??? How much would 2 hope sets be with the rotors that have black or something on the inside. like the m6's the best, just too expensive.

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
iron1 said:
what are the prices??? How much would 2 hope sets be with the rotors that have black or something on the inside. like the m6's the best, just too expensive.
You can find hopes on clearance since the new model came out, but its probably near the cost of codes. M6's do have a high bling factor but they are just too much. I have had lots of time on both and m6's just aren't worth the extra weight and price imo. But if your'e looking for single piston brakes the saints feel really nice and from what I hear are bombproof. But I have also been really itching to try out a pair Forumla K24's, too

·
Equal opportunity meanie
2,781 Posts
Rover Nick said:
You can find hopes on clearance since the new model came out, but its probably near the cost of codes. M6's do have a high bling factor but they are just too much. I have had lots of time on both and m6's just aren't worth the extra weight and price imo. But if your'e looking for single piston brakes the saints feel really nice and from what I hear are bombproof. But I have also been really itching to try out a pair Forumla K24's, too
Thought Saints are dual pistons, no?

·
dontcha?
1,433 Posts
Rover Nick said:
Is that dude for real? I mean he's selling '07 XO shifters for $90. Aren't they over $200 retail?

Edit: Sorry bout the hijack
yeah I've got a bunch of stuff from him, shipping is pretty fast for hong kong, but expensive..

·
Registered
680 Posts
Rover Nick said:
Hope's, even the M6's, are faraly light, a set of M6s is going to be lighter than a set of codes

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.