Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Currently 2010 Saints with 203/180 floating XT rotors, love 'em They are four pot FWIW. The # of pots doesn't give an accurate indication of performance. I had Gatorbrake 4 pots that had less stopping power than a mild headwind.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Old clapped out 2005 Juicy 7 with 203mm rotors, they still work pretty well other than looking rough and some mild slop in the lever. I was a high end bike shop mechanic for 10 years, I maintain the piss out of my stuff.

Will replace them this spring with something new, probably some Codes.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
MM_Freak said:
Just got my 2010 Hayes Stroker Ace set in the mail Monday. They look pretty. I'm going to run Hayes V8 Rotors as well.
they look good dont they! i picked up a set myself via pricepoint good ass deal, i havent ridden them yet, still in the middle of my build. let me know how they feel, what do you ride?

·
Registered
410 Posts
2 different ones

I have Juicy 7's with 8" fr. 6" rear on my blindside. They were great, but are getting worn in the rear. I bleed a couple times a year to keep them as fresh as possible. replaced pads a few times. Easy to bleed.

I will never buy Hayes again. I have a lighter weight 6" bike that had hayes 9's stock on there and after using the bleed kit once, the tubing stretched so every time I bled them the lines popped off. Those brakes SUCKED! I would have them pulled as hard as possible and my wheels would still turn. This was after replacing pads and numerous bleeds.

I replaced them with Elixer's and they are are actually giving me more stopping power than the juicy's. I may place them on the blindside.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Currently on my DH rig i have Formula The One brakes with 203mm Alligator Starlite rotors with goodridge lines,this season im gonna run the Formula R1 brakes with Ti bolt hardware on the caliper and Ti rotor bolts.It will be combined with my Alligator Starlite rotors.

Cain't wait how the R1 brakes will preform under DH conditions but i will be using DOT 5.1 instead of the stock DOT 4.1 fluid for less fading.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.