1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Off the back...
2,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm giving my wife:
Silver Hope seat QR

Silver Hope QR skewers

Specialized Deviant full-face helmet [if anyone knows where I can get a size small for cheap, lemme know!]

What else is everyone getting their special someone?

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Biking related: I got my wife a set of warm Endura bike gloves for winter riding.

That's just a stocking stuffer though. She mentioned in passing once that she wanted to learn to play guitar. So I got her a nice acoustic guitar and instruction books. If she doesn't get into it I think I just might...

·
yeah, uh............bikes
2,712 Posts
not for x-mas, but for a wedding present I got my brother and his wife new bikes. Brother got a 24" singlespeed bmx type, and the wife got a nice beach cruiser type bike. Coolest thing to hear was the wife say "I haven't ridden a bike since I was a 13" with excitement as they went for their first ride around the block. Very cool. :D

·
You Are What You Is
920 Posts
I won't be buying anything bike-realted. My wife doesn't ride and the kids' bikes are pretty new still. Maybe a new helmet for my oldest. Hopefully I'll receive some bike-related items. I wouldn't mind a nice wool jersey, and I can always use socks.

·
Registered
134 Posts
My 7 year old gets his 1st Specialized kid rock. He been asking "when can I go on the mountain with you dad"? He got to test ride it so he knew to tell Santa which bike he wants.

·
Singletrack Slacker
192 Posts
My wife doesn't really dig bike parts as gifts, she says "pickup what you need when you need it. with that said, I am getting her custom lock rings for her grips. they will say "Evil Jenn". I think Screampint is responsible for that nickname or maybe Troy, either way it has stuck for a couple years now. I figure it's time to make it official with the custom kit.

·
Registered
336 Posts

2009 Rush Feminine. She has no idea. She got her first ever mountain bike ride the other day, I adjusted the seat, fit a shorter stem and put some flats on my bontrager singlespeed. She loved it. So she should be tickled pink to get a bike of her own that fits. BTW I love that GT, it reminds me of the Bontrager Rasta scheme of the mid 1990's

·
MTBR Member
3,008 Posts
Looking to pick up something small for my brother, who likes to bike. He is mostly a roadie, but does get some trail riding in. I was thinking about getting him a wireless cyclocomputer. But, then I realized that out of 6 bikes, he didn't have a single one. Maybe it's not something that he likes.

Anyone have any other ideas? Possibly something a roadie would want too?

·
Registered
233 Posts
If he rides in the winter, a nice base layer, craft makes nice clothing. A new multi-tool is always on my list. There are some new compact pumps out now which are small, light weight and would fit in a jersey pocket. Salsa makes some pretty cool accessories, colored seat clamps, skewers, bar tape. I always need tubes, GU, wool socks. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Is he a traditional road rider?

ncfisherman said:
Looking to pick up something small for my brother, who likes to bike. He is mostly a roadie, but does get some trail riding in. I was thinking about getting him a wireless cyclocomputer. But, then I realized that out of 6 bikes, he didn't have a single one. Maybe it's not something that he likes.

Anyone have any other ideas? Possibly something a roadie would want too?
If so, he may appreciate something from Rapha. They make jerseys and caps and several accessories. Their stuff is very functional, well made, understated and not cheap. I have alomost one of everything they make (I know, I know). So shoot me a PM if you'd like some more specific advice.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.