Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this might sound stupin because i have such a small budget but i need a good full suspension freeride bike for $400 or less...any reccomendations thanks please reply fast i need to know ASAP

·
lurker no more
168 Posts
Don't know of any new full suspension bikes for $400. If anyone is selling you a brand new FS for that price I'd stay well away. If you really want a FS you'll have to up your budget by a few hundred.

Since you're posting in the beginner forum I'm guessing you're a beginner, so you might just want to start out with hardtail. Cheaper, can get better components and will still give you lots of fun. You can check out the main retailers...specialized, trek, giant, iron horse, kona, k2. I've never ridden on any of them with the exception of specialized. In the meantime, you can have time to educate yourself on the types of full suspension types there are, the types of bikes that are out there, etcetera...the last thing you want to do is find yourself with a craptastic bike because you rushed into it.

I went from a fully rigid to a FS in a spur of the moment and somewhat regret that purchase as my riding progressed into something that my FS was not designed for.

Just my $0.02.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well i have a hardtail and i hit a jump and overshot the landing and the derailur mount snaped off so im kinda worried...but i can really get a specailized hardtail for what my budget says..sweet

·
lurker no more
168 Posts
Sorry to hear of your derailleur hanger getting snapped off. That can happen sometimes, even on a full suspension.

I've never ridden the specialized hardrock sport, so I can't really comment. Maybe you can do a search of the beginner forum and the specialized manufacturer forum for the hardrock sport or solicit others' opinions.

My $0.02 means, "my opinion..."

You must be from Germany?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Gah, even worse...! (I'm a Buckeye)

I have a Hardrock Sport ('06) and like it, but it's my first real bike and have nothing to compare it to. It's sure taken a beating, I can tell you that...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.