Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm 6' and 160lbs, and i'm going to buy a decent bike for urban riding, i'm going to do some 6'-12' drops on it, also i'd like to use it for commuting, riding to school in stuff. i'm looking for specialized p.3
http://www.specialized.com/bc/SBCBkModel.jsp?sid=05PSeries
but i'd apreciate any coments or advises, what bike will suite the best the riding i'm going to do, maby i should go fo FS bike, or to buy just a frame and build it up myself. I'm willing to spend up to 2000$.
P.S. English is not my mother-tongue, so please excuse me for grama mistakes. :D

·
Registered
649 Posts
Greetings sToNedRidER!
The P3 sounds great for the job, you'll get all kinds of suggestions but you seem to have chosen well.

Your English is good so don't worry about that at all.
You say you have $2000 to spend, is that LTL or US?
Suggestions might be too pricey if people think you mean US dollars.
If you do go with the P3, make sure you get a kickass lock as well, i wouldn't be leaving that bike outside school if it were mine!! :)

You might also want to post in the DH/FR forum, more dudes there will be riding this kind of bike.
Cheers

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Actualy i'm looking for bikes around $ 1500 USD, but i could spend $500 more for a real good bike. In Lithuania for 2000 Litas i'd get kind of crapy bike and it would last a few months for me. So i'm going to spend a lot more for bike that would last for me a few years. I'm going to buy a bike in US, because I'm going to work this summer in the US, and willing to buy a bike there and ship it back home to Lithuania. :D
Thanks for advice

·
MTB SOCAL
1,456 Posts
Banshee?

I recently built up a Banshee Scirocco for urban/jump/trail. But, you sound like you need something even beefier. Maybe you should look at the Banshee Morphine. It is super beefy and has good geometry. Here's the link - http://www.bansheebikes.com/bike-morphine.html. Good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.