3,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife gave me "her blessing" to get a new bike :thumbsup:

My 4 year-old son enjoyed his gift, which in return is really a gift to me:

·
Kiss my Grits!
115 Posts
BRrrrrrr

Considering my last few night rides have been in the 30's, I am thankful for the shoe covers and Austrian pear schnaaps from my mother-in-law. I am also now $150 closer to my Remedy.

·
Spin-stabilized
1,490 Posts
Got a few components and tools. Most notable of which is a SS conversion kit which elicited the expected "Why would you want to do that?" question after I explained what it was. Time to winterize the old hardtail.

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
Still shopping for a used 56cm road bike, the cards just didn't land well in my budget to find one before xmas. But it will count for me! :)

I DID get a beer fridge for the garage, which im sure you all will appreciate is completely tied into biking. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
33 Posts
I didn't get any bike stuff from santa but I got $$ I 'm going to go buy a new fork.

What fork do you recommend for east bay riding, Diablo, Briones mostly? I'm thinking under $300 new or used. What do you think i should get?

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Asockalype Now!

I got lots, and lots, and lots of cycling socks. This Christmas has been a veritable Asockalypse Now! The horror. The horror....

From Slocaus - amongst other things, a pair of cycling socks.
Ex Wife - 2 pair of cycling socks.
Girl Friend - a couple pair of cycling socks
G.F's family - 6 pairs of cycling socks
The kids - [ let's all share the magic] cycling socks

I now have enough cycling socks to a do respectable "Off Broadway", cycling sock puppet production of the Ten Commandments, staring a cast of thousands!!!

Thank Gawd for the miracle of "re-gifting. Everybody I know is getting L/XL [don't worry they'll shrink/ you'll grow in to them] cycling socks for birthdays and special occasions [ "Beer Thirty" the perfect Bar Mitzvah gift] for the foreseeable future.

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Beauty bike. My wife's present to me was a picture of a Mojo that said "you have my blessing." So I may be asking you about those wheels after you've had some time on them...

·
singletrack bound
3,107 Posts
Me
WTB vulpine 2.1 29" front tire
Fox winter glove w/inner liner
Pearl Izumi long sleeve winter jersey
Park bike repair manual
New bottle of stanz sealant (finally going to go back)

My son
new shadow XT rear derailleur
Mavic EX 823 UST Disc rim
DT Swiss Champion 2.0 black spokes
hope pro II rear hub

cables and housing. :D

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
I got to do a nice road ride up Mt. Diablo with my pop.
I get to go on a super shredder xc ride with my best buddies tomorrow morning
Roadie cycling cap, roadie l/s jersey
wii setup from the girlfriend...

And to myself I got a 2010 Demo 8 II frame and a 09 fox 40.

·
newless cluebie
537 Posts
I picked up a free Intense Tracer frame right before I left for the holidays, so it's sitting on my Park stand at home right now, ready for me to attend to it when I get back. It's too large for me, so it'll likely be given to my brother after I'm done with it.. so I guess my 'present' is the month or two of working on it and making it trail worthy.

Came with a free (but frozen) Chris King headset too, so hopefully I can get new cartridge bearings from CK.

My wife picked up some subscriptions to Bike, Dirt and Decline for me.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
1,570 Posts
I got a get your butt out of the house and go riding all weekend card:thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.