1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
high pivot witchcraft
6,721 Posts
I'm not that excited about the forks on those bikes for your terrain.
Something used off Pinkbike Buy/Sell could get you better suspension.
Agree 100% with the fork comment. I meant to mention that. I thought though that the Revelation on the Troy wasn't too bad, damper aside (but even that damper is not as bad as people suggest).

Plus…it's a Devinci ???

I suspect that the used market is still overpriced and under supplied. Not sure though.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If I do feel that the fork is not great than I would probably just upgrade it. I am also not too worried about that as I have a worse fork on a hardtail that I have been riding in the north shore. the fork is a Manitou tower expert.

·
high pivot witchcraft
6,721 Posts
If I do feel that the fork is not great than I would probably just upgrade it. I am also not too worried about that as I have a worse fork on a hardtail that I have been riding in the north shore. the fork is a Manitou tower expert.
My vote is to go for the Troy. Any idea what's up with the 36 id wheels? That's an odd spec. Is it a misprint? I know @eb1888 loves wider rims but I suspect most generally gravitate towards a 30 id wheel set.

·
Registered
15,300 Posts
Steve from Hartail Party rides Sedona techy terrain and prefers 35mm for 2.5-6 tires also.
Not just me.
So it depends on the tires you like. And your terrain. And speed.
I like Bontrager XRs. They can make use of wider rims because of their higher volume and flexible 120tpi sidewall design. I can run 2.35s on 35mm.
But those won't work if your rocks like shale chop up sidewalls. Mine are all rounded.
I don't run Maxxis.

If I could ride the North Shore I'd pick a Mezzer and Mara Pro.
I have a Tower Pro with the 19mm platform shim removed from the ABS damper on one bike. Very good fork.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.