Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm New and I am trying to find a bike. I found this one for 100 bucks but I dont know what it is. I've tried to search for the serial number to see what it is with no luck. Can Anyone help Identify this and is it worth it?

Bicycle tire Tire Wheel Bicycle wheel Bicycle wheel rim

·
Administrator
11,985 Posts
The add said Shimano FSL bike. I looked up the HM and couldn't find anything I even ran the Serial number with no luck. Would it be a good entry bike and would it be worth 100-130 bucks?
View attachment 888233 View attachment 888234 View attachment 888235
looks to have a manitou axel fork, X fusion shocks and smattering of shimano parts. It has a FSR suspension design and disk tabs front and rear so it would probably make a great beginner bike and the price is really good. Providing the frame is solid and not cracked anywhere you could easily ride that competently until you decided to upgrade then you could pass it on to a friend to help them get the bug.

Step 1 though is to ensure that it fits you. The joy of a good deal will fade way before the sadness of poor fit. Try it, check the shocks to make sure they hold air and work and check the frame, all welds and pivots to ensure there aren't any visible cracks. If the shocks are blown you will be looking at probably the cost of the whole bike just to possibly have a shop repair it. If the frame is cracked everything else wouldn't really be suited to swapping to a new bike as most bikes don't use V-brakes, only have provisions for discs and things like seat posts, front derailleur and bottom bracket and cranks may not work so you would have to replace those too.

·
B A N N E D
5,412 Posts
The add said Shimano FSL bike.
Shimano doesn't make bikes, they make parts for bikes.

I looked up the HM and couldn't find anything I even ran the Serial number with no luck.
http://www.hmbike.com/

You won't find the specs or the model on that page because it's an old model, possibly from the early to mid 2000's.

Serial Numbers won't show up on a search because every bike has a different number.

Would it be a good entry bike and would it be worth 100-130 bucks?
Possibly, if it's in good condition, if it's the right size frame for you and it's suited to the type of riding you want to do.
It's a full suspension XC bike that won't take a lot of punishment.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.