Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
~~~~~~~~
5,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looks like Turnerbikes will be represented at the upcoming Redbull Rampage event by Kelly McGarry. IIRC he started the slopestyle season on large Highline, went to a medium, and then did Crankworx on "Blackbox Slopestyle" bike.

The course is described as big mountain freeride.
https://redbullrampage.com/events/red_bull_rampage/

What bike is he going to ride for this?

·
Living the Dream
1,783 Posts
DW link Flux with a monster T

Got have CCDB on the back to keep the rear firmly planted. Cool to have Turner Bikes Represented. I gotta think he'll be on a Highline.

·
Wu-Tang Academy Alumni
983 Posts
airwreck said:
why would DT want him on a discontinued bike?
because it's still '08 and DT's still got Highlines to sell.

My money would be on the blackbox though, it looks light and whippy for those huge aerial moves.

·
Team Sanchez
4,369 Posts
I know which bike I"ll be on for Red Bull! We have to ride or hike 4 miles to the site this year. There is no shuttle. At the actual site, they have a bike Valet which is kind of cool. I'll be taking the Highline for that 4 mile jaunt. Who is up for a run down Grafton before the show????

·
Banned
1,443 Posts
Maybe a DHR with a singlecrown? Gotta imagine we are gonna see some tailwhips.

Kelly McGarry on a large highline earlier this year. He must be a big dude cuz that large HL looks pretty small.

·
Living the Dream
1,783 Posts
I was thinking of all of the bikes that Turner currently has

airwreck said:
why would DT want him on a discontinued bike?
A highline would make the most sense. I wouldn't think he would want him competing on a prototype? Hell I know very little about the inner workings of the bike industry. The old redbull courses were pretty burly (more Freeride, less slopestyle), so I thought that that a Highline would make more sense that the new RFX. A DHR seems a little to burly to throw tricks on. However, I am sure that with the explosion of slopestyle since the last Rampage, the course will be designed with smoother transitions than the older course .

·
Just roll it......
7,621 Posts
I'd say a Highline with a singlecrown if he wants to qualify for the final 14.....unless DT has a proto RFX with beefed up tubing ready.

Yes, the new course has huge moves but guys that have already been riding it have been pulling 360's and tailwhips off those features. I'm sure some riders will be on DH bikes with dual crown forks, but I don't think those guys can win unless they stick massive stuff. Otherwise, the tricksters who have the ability to go big are gonna take this one.

I'm most excited to see what guys like Gee Atherton and Vanderham bring to this year's rampage.....but I'd like to see Bourdo kill it and make Kona wish they had hung on to the little guy.

Cheers,
EB

·
~~~~~~~~
5,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
when he competed on the Highline they said he was the only one on a "big bike" when everyone else was on 4-5-6's.
He is one tall kiwi, saw him with the medium HL and it was tiny under him.

·
~~~~~~~~
5,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
sounds like fun, I'll be boycotting the Rampage since they don't have a over 40 division :madmax: :p

El Chingon said:
I know which bike I"ll be on for Red Bull! We have to ride or hike 4 miles to the site this year. There is no shuttle. At the actual site, they have a bike Valet which is kind of cool. I'll be taking the Highline for that 4 mile jaunt. Who is up for a run down Grafton before the show????

·
trail fairy
9,546 Posts
Definitley a kiwi ya all want to check out my mullet, need a studded belt though:thumbsup:

Um Blackbox so does that mean DT has some other surprises then or is this competion riders only stuff?

for Redbull ya all forgetting how tricky the soil is ya need the stability of a triple crown and as we know the DHR is fully XC approved so I'd be ripping a DHR myself,

Whoo look fwd to piccs of Homers @ RedBull whoop whoop brapppppppppp:D

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.