Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, after a bit of advice on bike cases. I've got a few trips planned this summer and I need a bike case to fly with that will accommodate an XL Santa Cruz Megatower, I've not tried this bike in a case before and I don't currently own one. With the wheels out, dropout to dropout it measures approx 130cm. I'm looking at the Biknd Jetpack or the Evoc Travel Bag/Travel Bag Pro but open to any other suggestions or any helpful feedback on the above? Cheers in advance..

·
Registered
259 Posts
Yeah it'll be tight. I have the Evoc one and my xxl HTLT fits in, but just. Definitely have to take derailleur off to fit it in. Never had any damage with it though, probably one of the more common bags in the pro circuits too (other than card board boxes).

Not crazy about the biknd reliance on air for cushioning, have heard of some failures in heavy use cases, but I wouldn't worry too much. No personal experience with it.

·
CEO Product Failure
2,119 Posts
Thule hard case fits my 21"/19" (custom) Ventana so long as both wheels, fork, and stem/handle bar are removed. Seat post is left in and lowered to provide bracing. The case also holds my helmet, shoes, and camelpack.

·
Registered
9,754 Posts
Kinda depends on how much disassembly you're comfortable with. If you take the RD off, fork off and the seatpost out, what you're left with isn't that big. The parts can usually be padded and organized into a normal size bike case. Personally I like and have had good luck with soft cases. They're light, malleable and can fit where hard cases can't. I use the equivalent of the Pika Packworks case.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.