Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Bum Buzzer
1,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My current diemma: I have bike, I want more, Im whiny and GIMME --

But really -- I hava a couple of bikes, both OK -- but am interested in getting a stiffer/burlier bike and the options thta were limited now seem to be disappearing.

I went with SC because they make XL frames, and have an XL Chameleon and an XL Bullit - while I *WANT* to build more bikes, I can get by as these are running and A-OK, but as stated above -- at least at SOME point, I want to add.upgrade to a stiffer/burlier mount.

By default I want a VPFree - my issue is that they are no longer manufacturing any more XL's (they never made any V10 XL, and the new Bullit will not be avail in XL) BUT have enough 06 in stock to potentially cover sales for the next 3 months.

Im trying to save money, although could manage it if a must, but am concerned that if I dont get one, that the XL options for this type of bike will be nil and I'll be stuck.

I dont need any think positive, there will be something type answers - Im hoping some other 6'7"++ers can provide feedback.

1 option thats been demoed is a Rotec RL-9; however thats another 1000$ more and is not as versatile (But does kick azzz....)

FR that DH's not DH that FR's!!

:madman::madman::madman::madman:

·
Old No. 7
1,453 Posts
Huck Banzai said:

Yep, I read that, but I'm also ignoring it. I think, and I stress "think," Turner is making a limited amount of XL frames with the DHR. Now, they may do the same with the Highline, but I have no idea. Worth checking out.

·
Registered
214 Posts
im looking for xl vp free to. so if you find a good source hook it up. haha. currently ride a L bullit though. love the bike to death for hardcore trailriding and FR, but have been falling out of love with it b/c of its DH capabilities, b/c predominatly all of my riding is shifting to dh. seems like im going to need a bike with a lower bb and slacker HA.not completly sure if the vp free is that bike though. ive ridden a few, and they def rail corners better than the bullit, is there something that may suit the needs a little bette? btw im about 6-5 and have no prob riding large bikes, usually prefer them for flickability

·
Old No. 7
1,453 Posts
ScottJensen said:
hey fred, how much diff is there between the highline and bullit? never seen anyone even running the HL. from pics it looks like a fr bike, like the bullit. not so much dh oriented
Never ridden a bullet and have only had limited time in a parking lot with speed bumps with a highline, so I couldn't tell you the main differences. But yeah, the HL is marketed as a freeride bike.

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,010 Posts
Huck Banzai said:
My current diemma: I have bike, I want more, Im whiny and GIMME --
y default I want a VPFree - my issue is that they are no longer manufacturing any more XL's (they never made any V10 XL, and the new Bullit will not be avail in XL) BUT have enough 06 in stock to potentially cover sales for the next 3 months.

e (But does kick azzz....)

talk to SC...I have heard that they make a few special orders......Or even call Intense (m-3, Socom, or Uzzi) wouldn't take much to build one just slightly longer

·
Equal opportunity meanie
2,781 Posts
The only long travel bikes that come to mind would be the RL9 and the old Yeti DH-9's. The Orange's run fairly long too, and I think if you hyped up the rep's enough you might be able to hook up a longer front triangle.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.