Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just started building up my kikipu Im going to be using my older XT crank for now, I know I need a 68mm body but what shaft length do I need?? Kona's website was pretty useless in getting stock specs of the bike

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
would there be any disadvantages of running a 118? Pricepoint has the 118 length in stock but not the 113, I will only be running a 2x9 drivetrain so I dont think that it would be a problem with reaching my big gear but Im not sure.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Last time a kikipu had an old XT crank was 98, that's what you've got the unified rear
triangle orange bike?

If you're just building the frame then have no fear Kona just hired Madam Cleo and she'll be using her crystal ball to divine what sort of frankenstien bikes the riders are slapping together and posting cryptic notes on her site like "I see V-brakes and Wedding bells for Joeblow69.

Always set a Kona XC suspension bike up with a 47.5mm front chainline.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Interesting alot of peopel are building kikapu's from wheelworld. I just did too. I tried to transfer over my 73x113 and my xt crank over, and I realized that kona only takes 68. So I ended up paying 45$ for the 68x113. You probably can get away with use a 68x118, however.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Pheard said:
Interesting alot of peopel are building kikapu's from wheelworld. I just did too. I tried to transfer over my 73x113 and my xt crank over, and I realized that kona only takes 68. So I ended up paying 45$ for the 68x113. You probably can get away with use a 68x118, however.
pricepoint has them with the 118 for $20, and since I will only be running a double I think it will actually work out well giving me better range with my small chainring, Im picking up my handlebars tomarrow, Im very excited to get this out and ride it... what are your build plans?

·
Registered
88 Posts
jeepmtnbiker said:
pricepoint has them with the 118 for $20, and since I will only be running a double I think it will actually work out well giving me better range with my small chainring, Im picking up my handlebars tomarrow, Im very excited to get this out and ride it... what are your build plans?
I transferred all the parts from my 4300 to my kikapu already, which I built less than a month ago.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.