Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an XTR crankset with 112mm hole to hole diameter. I have not found a bash guard (chainring guard) to fit this diameter. I would like to remove the XTR 46t large ring. I would also like something on the lighter side since it only needs to be as strong as the chain ring. I don't want to ding up the expensive large XTR ring. I think what I am in need of is a middle ring (34t) guard that fits the 112mm hole diameter.

All suggestions are welcomed. And thank you.

·
Old man on a bike
12,395 Posts
The bolt circle diameter would be 112, the hole to hole 79.2. I have an M950 that if you take off the outer ring, you can't mount the middle ring. Is yours an M952, and is it constructed differently? From the pictures I've seen it looks the same...

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What Bash Guard For XTR M952?

Mine is a 4 bolt XTR M952 (24,34,46). The Bolt Center Diameter specified is 68/ 112, and I verified the 112 BCD. I would be delighted with a guard that fit over the 46t ring, or one that replaced the ring. All the 4 bolt guards I see listed are 94 or 104 mm diameter, for compact drive presumably.The latest Shimano XTRM960 is different yet and there is a special guard made for it I have seen. I appreciate any guidance. Thank you!

Bikinfoolferlife said:
The bolt circle diameter would be 112, the hole to hole 79.2. I have an M950 that if you take off the outer ring, you can't mount the middle ring. Is yours an M952, and is it constructed differently? From the pictures I've seen it looks the same...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.