Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Bar ends rule...

Using some Truvativ XR bars cut fairly narrow, but with Cane Creek Ergo-2 bar ends. Bar ends rock for the low-cadence, standing grinds... the different hand position they afford is great when really workin' the bars and the additional leverage helps significantly. I got these for a steal but probably wouln't pay retail for 'em. I have hit the bar ends a couple of times, as i ride some tight/technical/narrow trails in the forest but feel that they're worth it.

·
Registered
189 Posts
710mm Easton XC riser bars with ergon GX2 carbon grips (they have some stubby bar ends on them). Perfect for me - lots of leverage for out of the saddle efforts and a good comfortable variety of hand positions. You do have to be careful on narrow tracks though.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Tricone said:
710mm Easton XC riser bars with ergon GX2 carbon grips (they have some stubby bar ends on them). Perfect for me - lots of leverage for out of the saddle efforts and a good comfortable variety of hand positions. You do have to be careful on narrow tracks though.
Totally agree on the Ergon GX2's! The bar end is small, ergonomic, and feels great. I run 'em on Ritchey carbon risers. I had never run bar ends until this last season and I will now never ride without them (at least on my SS). :thumbsup:

·
Registered
525 Posts
flat 25" ec70 eastons with ritchey bar ends- oury lock ons AND half a road bike's worth of bar tape wrapped over the bar end and just onto the actual grip.

have similar setup with cheaper aluminum bars on my monocog that I put a lot of winter gravel miles on too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts