Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to cyclocross and picked up a Jake the snake this weekend. I want to upgrade some of the bolt-on parts and was wondering what bars people use/like the best. Drop down bars are new to me so size, material, and style would be helpful. I'll mostly be riding gravel roads with this bike.
Thanks!

Sent from my C6916 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
545 Posts
Yep. It really keeps the bike light. In mean, you can save nearly a half pound over stock just by getting rid of your handlebars.

In all seriousness, lots of folks are fans of salsa cowbells. The two models are the same shape, just use different alloys, and so they are different weights.

Sent from a one-finger keyboard...pardon my autocorrect

·
Registered
59 Posts
I'm new to cyclocross and picked up a Jake the snake this weekend. I want to upgrade some of the bolt-on parts and was wondering what bars people use/like the best. Drop down bars are new to me so size, material, and style would be helpful. I'll mostly be riding gravel roads with this bike.
Thanks!

Sent from my C6916 using Tapatalk
I'm using some older FSA energy or RD200 and one bike with a round drop Ritchey WCS. All these bars are a more traditianal drop I know the FSA energy was redesigned as a shallow drop bar and I don't know if the RD 200 is around anymore, was about the same as the older energy, both FSA bars a light 220G about alloy OS bar, WCS similar or slightly heavier. I've also used the Salsa Bell lap flared drop bar and it is nice though a little heavy. I like the ergo bend, but the round bend WCS is alright as well.

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
As said above by fotooutdoors Salsa Cowbells are great. It's what I have on my bike and I love them.
46 c to c Salsa Cowbell 3's. I was prepared not to like them, because how the flare in the hooks skews the shift levers, but they're fantastic, they work really well on the hoods or drops. Great bars.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.