Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I was ready to buy the Cannondale Taurine bike until I saw a Scott Scale limited at the LBS. I would be very interested in your opinions on these two premium hard tails.

Thanks

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just found out Scott only has a 2 year warranty on the frame. I think I will stick with Cdale. It is nice to have a lifetime warranty on a carbon mountainbike frame.

·
Registered
55 Posts
The feather in the cap of the Scale is its weight. And yes, frame alone, it's lighter than a Taurine. However, as an assembled bicycle; compare a Taurine + Lefty SL + XC3 integrated stem/steerer + SI crankset + Lefty hub (no need for a skewer, etc), with equivalent parts for the Scale, and the tables turn.

And you get a nice Lefty, compared to an SID... :p

(ref http://www.singletrackworld.co.uk/article.php?sid=2184&PHPSESSID=499b37854cfe6e0d0e70cd2753044226)

(hmm.. idle thought.. as the Ultra Fatty DLR can't use the new XC3 stem/steerer, does that mean it's actually lighter to go for the longer travel Lefty instead?!)

·
LA CHÈVRE
9,429 Posts
rek2 said:
The feather in the cap of the Scale is its weight. And yes, frame alone, it's lighter than a Taurine. However, as an assembled bicycle; compare a Taurine + Lefty SL + XC3 integrated stem/steerer + SI crankset + Lefty hub (no need for a skewer, etc), with equivalent parts for the Scale, and the tables turn.

And you get a nice Lefty, compared to an SID... :p

(ref http://www.singletrackworld.co.uk/article.php?sid=2184&PHPSESSID=499b37854cfe6e0d0e70cd2753044226)

(hmm.. idle thought.. as the Ultra Fatty DLR can't use the new XC3 stem/steerer, does that mean it's actually lighter to go for the longer travel Lefty instead?!)
True... and the Taurine is stiffer than the Scott but the Lefty is worlds stiffer than the Rock Shox. And the lifetime warranty is nice to have, carbon or not. :thumbsup:

And yes, the Lefty Speed SL is indeed a bit lighter than the Headshok. :eekster:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.