Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,485 Posts
Ride Mt Diablo with mmanuel09 at the crack o dawn so I am done in time for breakfast and the Clayton parade. Then back home to plant a tree and off to a BBQ.

·
Registered
6,543 Posts
Kelly and I take out the cruisers (or whatever comfortable bike) and ride around the neighborhoods to watch fireworks. Since this is hoity-toity land, no cops patrol this area and it is pretty much a free-for-all here.

Well, I do take that back - my neighbor across the street is an old biker with some previous gang affilition - but I think those are the only cops that show up around here. But in Greystone? HA! Those people are so loaded, they have butlers named "Singleton". I guess the best part about living in such an area, is the hoity-toities leave cool stuff for free outside ("free" junk as they call it). With permission, I am able to nab up some very vintage bicycles of the French and Japanese variety. :)

·
aka baycat
8,480 Posts
Unpack from one hell of a move, grill meat, drink beer, continue marathon training, hang with friends and family and ride Skeggs.

·
Super Moderator
8,633 Posts
parade down my street....relax....ride a bit (maybe)....food...beer.....fireworks in my back yard...

gonna be a chill day......

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
auburn tomorrow morning with wherewolf, his last ride for about 6 weeks. sunday stuff around the house, monday we have some friends over for bbq and swimming.

·
Registered
6,543 Posts
francois said:
What's going on the grill and what beer is coming out of the cooler?

I think i'm going to SLO-Cambria-Morro to try out my wife's rig.
Puuuuurty. :thumbsup:

·
I like mtn biking, too
3,204 Posts
On the 4th all I know is there will be beer & it's gonna be good. I haven't decided which yet. What do y'all recommend?

Monday will be a hangover ride on my new (used) cyclocross bike! Riding from HMB up thru Purisima to Skyline then down the Whittemore gulch singletrack thru Purisima & back over the other hill to HMB. :p

·
Mtbr Founder
34,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Gregg K said:
)Ride the carbon steed. (OH, you've got a nice one too!
Beautiful bike and build.

The seat looks really far forward specially with that no-offset post. It's good for pedaling but not good for descending.

If that's the proper fit for your upper body, I would recommend a shorter stem like a 80-90mm then move the seat back.

fc

·
VEGAN ATHLETE Racing
1,152 Posts
SLO as well, riding and family. If I can fit it in, a trip to SB to ride with friends.
Grilling? Who knows, with all the riding I let other people cook. ;)

·
It's the axle
1,765 Posts
Francois,

I've been reading the posts on the shorter stems. To be honest the bike I rode most of my life has a 130mm on it!

I feel really comfortable with this setup. I know the seat is all the way forward. It's true that I'm a climber. I can descend with the best. Although I haven't done the baby heads behind Cal Poly for a long time. That was steep. 25 years of riding this setup...

Thanks for the advice. I'll try a shorter stem and seat position. Who knows.

I love this bike! I just installed my old 1989 Selle Italia Flite. Then I discovered they're making them again.

bla bla bla....It's time to go on a ride!

·
Registered
6,787 Posts
Probably going to go out on my road bike in the AM Sunday. Get in a couple hours of riding, then come home and spend the day with my wife. Maybe we'll head downtown and spend some time along the river or at a park, get some lunch outdoors, and then I'll grill us some steaks/burgers for dinner. We're a bit limited in our activities this year since she's 37wks preggo.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts