Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Unfortunately I have to work Friday and Saturday and Monday :madman:. But I will get in some fun too!

On Sunday I plan on hitting Brundage Resort outside of McCall, Idaho. It's best known as a ski resort, but each summer they run a chairlift to the top so that you can ride on a variety of trails there. It's FUN!!!

This is Hidden Valley, which I was able to clean on a singlespeed last summer....

This is a view from near the top...

And on Tuesday, I'm hoping for more chairlift action at Tamarack Resort which is located south of McCall...

I hope everyone else is able to get out and get some Yeti Passion this weekend!!!

·
Bad Case of the Mondays
4,009 Posts
I've got some family coming in, so I'm probably not going to get to do anything real exciting on the Yeti this weekend. Plus I'm doing the MS150 ride the 8th & 9th, so I've been doing road stuff most of the time anyway. I figure I'm getting in some good, long endurance miles to help me with these high altitude rides that are opening up around here about now.

Once this MS150 stuff is done, its 575 time! And since you posted up pics, here is a token pick of me bouncing off a rock at Winter Park Ski area last weekend....

·
Registered
56 Posts
Buffalo Creeks area Southwest of Denver on Saturday, for a nice 20-30mile loop o' joy. Then, the Eldora Escape on Sunday (my legs are going to be dead!). Work Monday :(. And finally the Firecracker 50 on the 4th! :)
-Jeff

·
Stray Bullet
2,273 Posts
BelaySlave said:
Hey are those Fox Launch knee/shin guards? I've got a pair of those but in S/M. I have thick calves and those things are TIGHT. I'm gonna try to get the L/XL to see how they fit.

Nice ASX btw.
Yup those are the Launchs. Great pads. I have big legs and they seem to fit fine. They were tight in the begining but have stretched slightly and fit awesome. I've also owned the Fox 911's (they suck) and Roach FR's (nice but really hot).

I've done 20 mile ride with tons of climbing while wearing them and they worked awesome. I did get rubbed raw in one spot but I think that is to be expected for the amount of climbing I did. In normal DH/DJ/FR stuff they are perfect.

For AM riding I would like to get some knee pads. Not need to protect my shins while clipped in.

AS-X is now rocking a 66RC2X. The 5th Element will be ditched shortly for a ROCO or DHX-C.

·
Who is John Galt?
1,771 Posts
Magish said:
Buffalo Creeks area Southwest of Denver on Saturday, for a nice 20-30mile loop o' joy. Then, the Eldora Escape on Sunday (my legs are going to be dead!). Work Monday :(. And finally the Firecracker 50 on the 4th! :)
-Jeff
Hopefully my bike will be in Thursday and I will figure out how to put it together and get it tuned so i can ride Council Bluff Lake (Missouri, not Iowa) trail on Monday. You all stay by your computers this week in case I need set-up advice!

Magish, tell me about the Buffalo Creek trails. I set out last summer to ride these, ended up pitching my tent in the mountains near Sedalia and never left. Wasn't the greatest trails there but I still had fun. Hoping to get back this fall.

·
Bad Case of the Mondays
4,009 Posts
Big Jim Mac said:
tell me about the Buffalo Creek trails.
Down SW of Denver near Pine on hghwy 285. Its an IMBA designated "Epic" trail, you can read a bit about it on their site.

Its basically a spiderweb of trails, with lots of rolling ups and downs. Great singletrack trails that just beg to be railed. I rode there on Easter Sunday, and we did a 25+ mile loop with something like 4k in climbing without ever hitting the same trail twice. Great trails, highly recommend checking them out.

It can get pretty hot in the "burn area" in the summer, so avoid that if the temps are up if/when you ride it.

And FYI, here is a new map of the area:
http://frmbp.org/e107_plugins/content/content.php?content.13

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
Magish said:
-Jeff
Ah cool! I'm draggin a fellow New Messicann (and the pimp ASR-SL) up to Boulder for the Eldora race(s) too. Not enough time for THAT and the FC50 - though that'd be a killer couple of days.

I'll be racing 35-39 expert XC and 30+ STXC FWIW....

glen

·
I'm a unitard!
1,514 Posts
glenzx said:
Ah cool! I'm draggin a fellow New Messicann (and the pimp ASR-SL) up to Boulder for the Eldora race(s) too. Not enough time for THAT and the FC50 - though that'd be a killer couple of days.

I'll be racing 35-39 expert XC and 30+ STXC FWIW....

glen
I'll be at the Tribe Gathering uh, I mean race at eldora too.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
mtbfool said:
I'll be at the Tribe Gathering uh, I mean race at eldora too.:thumbsup:
Say hey if/when our paths cross.... not sure how to 'know' each other, short of wearing a big yellow hat and waving a flag! Black ASR-SL - guess there might be a FEW of those around!

glen

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
Big Jim Mac said:
Make them give you a loaner! Or buy another one! Bummer...
Or, get it back abd fix it yerself!

·
I'm a unitard!
1,514 Posts
glenzx said:
Say hey if/when our paths cross.... not sure how to 'know' each other, short of wearing a big yellow hat and waving a flag! Black ASR-SL - guess there might be a FEW of those around!

glen
I'll have the same rig as you and starting in the same group as you for the STXC and 2 minutes ahead for the XC. I'll be the only guy with The Big Red S :skep: on his kit but riding a Yeti.:D

Edit: by same rig I mean same color. Maybe we can have a weigh off.

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
mtbfool said:
I'll have the same rig as you and starting in the same group as you for the STXC and 2 minutes ahead for the XC. I'll be the only guy with The Big Red S :skep: on his kit but riding a Yeti.:D

Edit: by same rig I mean same color. Maybe we can have a weigh off.
Right on! I'm lookin' forward to gettin' spanked - but to have a good time no less. Should be easy to spot ya - I might save the Yeti jersey for Sunday and wear the turbo-orange "Bike n Sport" gear for the STXC. Been a rough 5 weeks of virtually no riding, but feeling OK all things considered. i suspect the CO boys are gonna abuse my sorry ass - but I will avenge later in the season... um, I think.

I'll be getting the full res image soon from Vast of the Angel Fire race picture - but I'll be gussied up as such:

Orange kit for the STXC: (funny - it has a big S too!)

As for the weigh-off, ya mean the bikes or us? haha!

·
I'm a unitard!
1,514 Posts
glenzx said:
Orange kit for the STXC: (funny - it has a big S too!)

As for the weigh-off, ya mean the bikes or us? haha!
Team Specialized - Yeti. We may be on to something here.

How about combined?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts