Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Lets ride
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It looks like Kona doesn’t have the three bolt pattern chain tensioner mount (I don’t know what it is called). So what are you using, how much for one, where are you getting them, and do they effect ride quality? Thanks.

·
BGR / MCM #311
838 Posts
HEIM 2 Ring guide and a bashguard on my Coiler....

·
Meh.
17,508 Posts
bog-one said:
It looks like Kona doesn’t have the three bolt pattern chain tensioner mount (I don’t know what it is called). So what are you using, how much for one, where are you getting them, and do they effect ride quality? Thanks.
ISCG mounts. You can use any chainguide with a bottom bracket flange mount. I use a MRP Long Range Patrol even though I only run a single ring setup.

·
Still on Training Wheels!
1,107 Posts
I've been using a E13 DRS on my 04 coiler. No complaints at all! You know have a great product when you never have to worry about weather or not its working and that's what I have with the DRS

·
Just roll it......
7,621 Posts
Chain guides.

I've got a MRP LRP setup and it's worked great for me. I've had to pull it off a couple of times to straighten it after bashing directly into rocks, but that would've happened with any chain guide.

The other good option is the e-thirteen DRS.

EB

·
Registered
57 Posts
bog-one said:
I use a MRP system 1 slalom, great design, durable, and quiet. I have had it on three bikes now, still going strong. Here is my ride.

Attachments

·
Don't skid
1,160 Posts
I've got the E-13 DRS on my 04 Stinky. No complains here. Works like a charm and I'm running 22-36. All good.

·
Lets ride
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the info

Thanks everyone, i think i will go with MRP LRP, I will post pics when i get it.

ebxtreme said:
I've got a MRP LRP setup and it's worked great for me. I've had to pull it off a couple of times to straighten it after bashing directly into rocks, but that would've happened with any chain guide.

The other good option is the e-thirteen DRS.

EB

1 - 9 of 9 Posts