Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought Socal had the rights to trying to burn up all the forests! It's insane how much is burning in Norcal right now.

Be safe you guys. Hope everyone's family and property are OK. And don't do what I did last fall and do long rides in the smoke. Took weeks to get rid of that cough :(

·
Fermented Grain Sampler
clinking clanking clattering collection of collagenous junk
4,168 Posts
I was in downtown LA for a couple days and the air was better than this crap up here..... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,486 Posts
Impy said:
I thought Socal had the rights to trying to burn up all the forests! It's insane how much is burning in Norcal right now.

Be safe you guys. Hope everyone's family and property are OK. And don't do what I did last fall and do long rides in the smoke. Took weeks to get rid of that cough :(
This air quality reminds me of LA 20 years ago. Looks bad, but if I used to race in that I don't think it will kill me.

I don't think there is much in the way of property damage. Lots of grass and trees.

·
ol'guy who says hi &waves
2,546 Posts
EBrider said:
This air quality reminds me of LA 20 years ago. Looks bad, but if I used to race in that I don't think it will kill me.

I don't think there is much in the way of property damage. Lots of grass and trees.
I remember those LA days in the 1960's. I couldn't see the end of my block. This stuff in Norcal might look the same, I doubt it is. I haven't touched the bike since the Sierras last Sunday.

Is the bay area clearing up at all yet?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Yeah, they keep saying that the winds need to shift to bring both sea moisture and scour the smoke away...every day the forecast seems to push this out by two days, been that way for about four days now. Best place I've found to be active is immediately on the coast; here in the SF Bay Area it's still LA-Smog-Like, but at least the fog and breeze isn't making it perceptibly smell like smoke. In inland areas, though - totally brutal.

Geez, am I gonna have to break out the indoor trainer in the summer?!?

(BTW, OP, thanks for the good thoughts - y'all got it bad last year, appreciate the smoky camaraderie. :D)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.