Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
192 Posts
The first ones are the Dimension Trekking bar. About 25 deg of sweep and 25" wide. Dimension is the house brand of QBP, so just about any bike shop could get them. They're dirt cheap $25 max. I've got some on a city bike of mine.
 

·
Glorified Hybrid Owner
Joined
·
1,091 Posts
slowridemo said:
The first ones are the Dimension Trekking bar. About 25 deg of sweep and 25" wide. Dimension is the house brand of QBP, so just about any bike shop could get them. They're dirt cheap $25 max. I've got some on a city bike of mine.
I have a set.

They don't bring the bar any closer to you, so you can keep the same stem you'd run with a flat or slight riser bar.

They're kind of goofy looking, but comfy. I figured I'd use that center portion for extra hand positions on long rides.
 

·
Got Mojo?
Joined
·
1,190 Posts
Drevil said:
The second ones are the Morati bar/stem combo
Is Morati around any more???

I checked them out at IB03, they had some nice stuff, different stuff. Nice Ti frames, seatposts and bar/stem combos.... and good Czech beer.
 

·
Got Mojo?
Joined
·
1,190 Posts
uno-speedo said:
I agree.

A Czech friend of mine told me an American company bought them out and then they seized production of the company (Morati). No idea why though.
ugh. Typical.

I have never seen seatstays or chainstay/bb setups like his before, or since.
 

·
it's....
Joined
·
2,088 Posts
Trekking Bar

Since it's so cheap, I got one and replaced my Fubar along with a shorter stem.
It sweeps back far enuff (25 degrees) so still very comfy and no numb hands like I do with normal riser bars.
One thing I didn't like about Fubar was landing from a jump with rear weight bias.
Sometimes my hands felt like slipping off the bars coz of the extreme sweepback.
With the Trekking bars, it combines the best of both normal risers and Fubar.
 

·
Glorified Hybrid Owner
Joined
·
1,091 Posts
Strafer said:
Since it's so cheap, I got one and replaced my Fubar along with a shorter stem.
It sweeps back far enuff (25 degrees) so still very comfy and no numb hands like I do with normal riser bars.
One thing I didn't like about Fubar was landing from a jump with rear weight bias.
Sometimes my hands felt like slipping off the bars coz of the extreme sweepback.
With the Trekking bars, it combines the best of both normal risers and Fubar.
I can't imagine replacing Fubars with these...

especially for jumping anything. I doubt these "trekking" bars are intended to be jumped...be careful.
 

·
it's....
Joined
·
2,088 Posts
rockhound said:
I can't imagine replacing Fubars with these...

especially for jumping anything. I doubt these "trekking" bars are intended to be jumped...be careful.
It feels more natural than Fubar for me.
I'm using this on my SS so won't be doing any extreme jumps, 3 ft max.
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top